Leon Draisaitl is 17th in league scoring right now - where does he finish the year?

Leon Draisaitl is 17th in league scoring right now - where does he finish the year?

• Total voters

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Isn't the entire Canucks roster shooting at an insanely high sh%?

13.8% as a team, which is sitting in all time great territory if they somehow managed to keep that up. The weird thing is Pettersson is shooting below his career average, which makes his season even more impressive.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hard to think he won’t finish top 10. It’s a down / unlucky year for him. Happens to the best.

The only real consequence is that fans on message boards are going to knock back his overall rating on video games and their “player rankings”.

Reactions: Duke74

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kuzmenko and Mikheyev have struggled relative to expected 1st line production, leading to guys like Suter and Lafferty spending time on his wing. Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Suter, and Lafferty are all below average 1st linemates for a star center. PP has been reasonably good which has helped his production, though. A lot of the Canucks scoring has been driven by the 2nd and 3rd line.

Mikheyev hasn’t looked great but his 5v5 production is tied for 32nd in the league with guys like Pastrnak, Barkov, and Nylander.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
funny that he's played 180 5v5 minutes with Connor Mcdavid and only played 130 5v5 minutes with Connor Brown. I think Mcdavid would likely be a good linemate no?
Funny that those minutes he played with McDavid were early in the year when McDavid was injured. The coach played Drai with him so McD wouldnt have to carry the load. McDavid was actually a drag on Drai when he was on his line this year.
Be better Fluff

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Im a huge Drai fan, but I dont think he cracks top 5 or care if he does.

He's elevating a pair of 3rd liners into a formidable 1st line, and helping us win games.

Team is playing great hockey.
This right here. I can't speak for Draisaitl obviously but I wonder if he's just saving some juice for the playoffs. That's all that really matters. The Oilers should know that by now.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bump.

Draisaitl has been getting hot again lately. 2nd in league scoring (behind #97) since Feb 1st.

He's up to 8th place in the scoring race right now - but he's only 10 points back of Pastrnak at #4 with 4 games in-hand.

I'll stick to my earlier prediction and say he finishes top 5 - I expect he'll finish 4th.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Bump.

Draisaitl has been getting hot again lately. 2nd in league scoring (behind #97) since Feb 1st.

He's up to 8th place in the scoring race right now - but he's only 10 points back of Pastrnak at #4 with 4 games in-hand.

I'll stick to my earlier prediction and say he finishes top 5 - I expect he'll finish 4th.

Fantastic bump.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I'll stick with 6-10. It feels like lot of players are much hotter than Drai is.

In itself, that's a testament to how good Drai is considering this feels like a down year for him as well.

Reactions: Faceboner

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Seems unlikely he’ll pass Pasta, but I could see him anywhere in the 5-10 range. Probably 5 or 6

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I'll stick with 6-10. It feels like lot of players are much hotter than Drai is.

In itself, that's a testament to how good Drai is considering this feels like a down year for him as well.
Poster says he’s scored 2nd most since Feb 1.

“I think there’s a lot more players hotter”

Nice.

Reactions: sbhnur

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Poster says he’s scored 2nd most since Feb 1.

“I think there’s a lot more players hotter”

Nice.
I said “It feels.”

Do you believe Drai has played up to his regular standard this season?

The abrasiveness is useless. Get over yourself.

Edit: Jesus, you even changed the words to trigger yourself.

Reactions: MD93

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I said “It feels.”

Do you believe Drai has played up to his regular standard this season?

The abrasiveness is useless. Get over yourself.
When your GM refuses to get you help while forcing a declining Kane on you I’m sure he was frustrated. He definitely hasn’t but it’s literally factual he’s been the 2nd hottest player in the past month and has been heating up lately while back with McDavid.

The team is winning so I don’t see any reason they get separated. Just a weird take from an Oiler fan, all I’m saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad