Leon Draisaitl 2019-20 highlights (Art Ross, MVP)

Hart as well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzbnOP_29k

G
ive yourself the next 8 minutes to watch Dr, Drai do his thing.

It’s generally acknowledged here amongst then knowledgeable hockey world that Draisiatl has the highest offensive IQ in the game.

Here’s the Exhibits corroborating Drai’s greatness. If one play in particular summarizes his greatness look at that no look back hand sauce at 1:10. ****ing filthy.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think if Panarin/MacKinnon would of closed the point gap to around 8 points by the end of the regular season they should of won the Hart.

Given where things are currently, Draisaitl deserves the award.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Such a fun player to watch, has the skills to be a perennial 50 goal 100 pt player of which in my opinion would already done so in back to back years. If the chemistry of the Yamamoto Draisaitl Nugent-Hopkins line continues into next year I won’t be surprised if he repeats the art ross.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Panarin in my opinion should win the Hart trophy with Hellebuyck being the runner up (I would listen to an argument for Hellebuyck being #1). However, I voted yes simply because Draisaitl will win even if I don't agree with it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He somehow did the impossible and got even better when moved off McDavid's line. Give him all the awards.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Voted yes, but I wouldn´t blame anyone if MacK or Panarin wins the Hart. All of them had great seasons and would deserve it but the games with McD out of lineup were unreal from Drai and tilt the scales towards him imo.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It’s generally acknowledged here amongst then knowledgeable hockey world that Draisiatl has the highest offensive IQ in the game.

Here’s the Exhibits corroborating Drai’s greatness. If one play in particular summarizes his greatness look at that no look back hand sauce at 1:10. ****ing filthy.

You mean when he asks his coach if he can play with McDavid? Yep, that's a pretty smart move.

Reactions: Voight

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
He's a good player but statements like this are a bit offputting.
Oh no. Don’t question the ridiculous levels of hype! It means you think he’s a bad player! lol

I can 100% understand exactly... uh... why this thread was made

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Such a fun player to watch, has the skills to be a perennial 50 goal 100 pt player of which in my opinion would already done so in back to back years. If the chemistry of the Yamamoto Draisaitl Nugent-Hopkins line continues into next year I won’t be surprised if he repeats the art ross.

Who cares how many points he scores when he gives almost all of it back defensively?

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I understand Drai's case but I feel like MacKinnon, Panarin, and Helleybuyck did more heavy lifting for their teams. Drai's poor defensive play doesn't help, but I wouldn't count him out for the Lindsay, just not the Hart.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You mean when he asks his coach if he can play with McDavid? Yep, that's a pretty smart move.
Look up his stats since being moved to a line with RNH and Yamamoto.

im sure you’ll leave the thread out of embarrassment after that, or move the goalposts like you usually do.

hopefully draisaitl being so good doesn’t encroach on Crosby’s grace period

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
There’s going to be some sourness from people when he wins.

No different than any other year tbh. He's still the clear winner - and good chance the win rate will be close to as large as Kucherov's last year. Maybe not quite as decisive - but it will be decisive.

I understand Drai's case but I feel like MacKinnon, Panarin, and Helleybuyck did more heavy lifting for their teams. Drai's poor defensive play doesn't help, but I wouldn't count him out for the Lindsay, just not the Hart.

This is a league that's always rewarded offense over defense. Whether you agree with that or not (i'm a big proponent of offense, so i'm fine with it) - going by that criteria, Drai's offensive was simply too good to overcome this year.

He's far enough at the top in scoring that i don't see any reason he wouldn't win.

Also - every other competitor has an issue with their narrative, which doesn't help:

Panarin - NYR isn't in playoffs. If they were in playoffs, it'd be a stronger case.

Mack - Great season great year, but he's slowed down a bit at the end in scoring and fell a bit behind in the race. Colorado is having a fantastic season also near top of league, very deep - so any talk from early in the year about carrying through teammates injuries has faded a bit

Helleybuyck - He's 13th in GAA, and 6th in SV% for goalies. I know everyone loves advanced stats these days - but a goalie isn't winning a hart in most years, let alone a year where he doesn't lead the league in stats, let alone in a year where so many forwards are having such strong years.

Reactions: La Bamba

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

On the contrary, Leon does all the heavy lifting in Edmonton. The Oilers won their first game in which Draisaitl had zero points on March 7th, the third to last game the team played.

In games where he has zero points, Edmonton is 1-10-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad