Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Was everyone too preoccupied with the pandemic to change the voting criteria to eliminate an Oiler this year? What the heck.

Reactions: Aerchon

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
The shitforbrains over at CP suddenly care about the intricacies involved in selecting the Hart winner.

When in reality the only factor that's involved in their decision is what team he plays for. If Drai was a Flame, they'd be saying the complete opposite.

Reactions: Duke74 and Snipes45

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I was told by the likes of JoeThorntonsRooster that Draisaitl is a liability and not valuable to a team. Why is this trophy not going to Mr 11th place team Panarin?

@oilers2020 popping off on main boards, love it!

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If I'm reading this right, Drai wasn't even top 5 on 2 ballots. Odds that that Wysnyksy guy was one of those?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Don’t forget his spin on the 3rd round pick to Calgary for the Neal trade because it “honours the spirit of the deal”.

I legit hate Lebrun now...

He's pretty much like Wysh but with TV time everyday and a national following

Reactions: Faelko

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Man... my dad and I were both in jubilation that drai won both trophies, I celebrated so loud at Leons accomplishments that my dad beat me up.

Panarin can go kick rocks like his dumb celebration, those out of the woodshed obnoxious canucks fans can kick rocks and those annoying avs fans talking garbage like MacKinnon is better than McBuddha can pound sand.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dom from The Athletic had Matthews as his 5th Hart vote and left off McDavid and Drai

Rob Rossi left Draisaitl off his ballot.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Man... my dad and I were both in jubilation that drai won both trophies, I celebrated so loud at Leons accomplishments that my dad beat me up.

Panarin can go kick rocks like his dumb celebration, those out of the woodshed obnoxious canucks fans can kick rocks and those annoying avs fans talking garbage like MacKinnon is better than McBuddha can pound sand.
Welcome back.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Draisaitl wins and some people are still whining and complaining about those that didn't vote for him. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe just enjoy the fact that he WON the award.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So happy for him. I was harsh when we drafted him but he's proven me horrifically wrong.

If anyone else shows up with McDavid and Drai, we'd have handled the Shitbirds.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

"I don't understand the sport and my model sucks."

5852132D-C54A-4C4E-B1D8-73C0D7649FB7.jpeg

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I can see how someone can leave Drai off the ballot for Hart (e.g. bad defensively, has McDavid on the team), but how do you leave Cout off the top 5 for Selke?
Because dom made his own flawed model that he references when he votes. 168 of the other 169 voters had Draisaitl on their ballot but this guy knows better than everyone else.

Just scrap media voting and let the players decide all the awards. There are way too many voters with biases, others who don't watch games outside of the team they cover, and now glorified bloggers trying to reinvent the game who get a say in this.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Because dom made his own flawed model that he references when he votes. 168 of the other 169 voters had Draisaitl on their ballot but this guy knows better than everyone else.

Just scrap media voting and let the players decide all the awards. There are way too many voters with biases, others who don't watch games outside of the team they cover, and now glorified bloggers trying to reinvent the game who get a say in this.

Agree 100%. The players, coaches, and GMs should get votes, and nobody else. Lots of these guys don't know any more about hockey than the average HFboard poster.

Reactions: Oilers 322

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Pretty sure Dom’s “model” had the Oilers well out of the playoffs this year
Maybe he’s salty his models were dead wrong (yes, we make the playoffs without the pause)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad