Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
In what world do these voters live in where they voted drai as the 4th or 5th for hart?

Obviously it worked out, but the process still makes no sense to me.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
In what world do these voters live in where they voted drai as the 4th or 5th for hart?

Obviously it worked out, but the process still makes no sense to me.

mark Spector votes Drai 5th because the Oilers did not technically make the playoffs

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
While he had a pretty amazing season offensively I was sorta hoping he wouldn't win. Just makes the Oilers look even worse.

Nah, I like it. It accurately reflects how much work needs to be done fleshing out the remaining roster. This way the org cannot pretend anything like "If we could just squeeze a little more out of McDrai."

I get a bit tired of the latter. We need others rising to the occasion and without that this dog won't hunt.

The good news is that it often times doesn't take a lot to swing the balance sheet. Get a stud young D in there, and another capable forward and it goes miles. The past offseason and TDL Holland went shopping in the bargains department. We'll see what can happen with one more year of Holland looking at this club. certainly some hits and misses in his work.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
TwNTH1t.jpg

2X0IkR2.jpg

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I hope all the negative talk about his horrible defense motivates him to play even better next season. As bad as he was at times this season, I can see Drai becoming a tremendous defender in the future.

He wasn’t even bad defensively overall, he had a terrible December that really dragged down his numbers. He had some bad moments here and there throughout the year but overall he works hard in his own end and does his job.

But I do think he’s the type of player to take that criticism and turn around and try to become a selke level player.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He wasn’t even bad defensively overall, he had a terrible December that really dragged down his numbers. He had some bad moments here and there throughout the year but overall he works hard in his own end and does his job.

But I do think he’s the type of player to take that criticism and turn around and try to become a selke level player.

Mike Smith was brutal in Dec. That didn’t help anyone’s +/-

Reactions: Aerchon

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton

I agree. He had times where he looked like a Selke candidate but his downs were just as bad if not worse. He is a dependable player that sometimes completely forget about defensive responsibility. Part of it is because the team depends so much on him and Connor to provide offence.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

:huh:

Your 2 cents is basically trying to downplay the awards because of the pandemic gap???

Considering Lebrun has, for the past 2 years discredited both McDavid and Draisaitl-even early in the season, he can take his 2 cents and shove it up his ass.

"Not trying to take anything away from the award announcements"

So happy Drai won..

And dafuq is with 24 first place votes for Panarin????

Don’t forget his spin on the 3rd round pick to Calgary for the Neal trade because it “honours the spirit of the deal”.

I legit hate Lebrun now...

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nah, I like it. It accurately reflects how much work needs to be done fleshing out the remaining roster. This way the org cannot pretend anything like "If we could just squeeze a little more out of McDrai."

I get a bit tired of the latter. We need others rising to the occasion and without that this dog won't hunt.

The good news is that it often times doesn't take a lot to swing the balance sheet. Get a stud young D in there, and another capable forward and it goes miles. The past offseason and TDL Holland went shopping in the bargains department. We'll see what can happen with one more year of Holland looking at this club. certainly some hits and misses in his work.
It certainly is well deserved. As for the club moving forward, I think it can only be done by astute trading at this time. There is zero wiggle room due to Chiarelli's cap hell, as well as a flat cap, and Holland didn't do himself any favours by losing two 2nd round potential trading chips from the AA trade. Unfortunately, it's going to be a couple years of clear outs before we can make some reasonable splashes in the free agent market, unless we can somehow swindle someone to take some overpriced junk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad