Rumor: Leo Komarov Fin(n)ished As A Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
The only problem with D'Amigo and Ashton is, while their good players with NHL potential they are so...boring?

Not enough skill for the top 6 and they'd both fit in the bottom 6 but hope they add some more feistiness and jam to their games.

Asif16*

The only problem with D'Amigo and Ashton is, while their good players with NHL potential they are so...boring?

Not enough skill for the top 6 and they'd both fit in the bottom 6 but hope they add some more feistiness and jam to their games.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. If komarov goes....i want the leafs to add either Matt Hendricks or Eric Nystrom to fill his void. Both veterans who play with a little jam in the bottom six and are big players who arent afraid to go to the dirty areas. Both can put up points here and there

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
lol if you watched most of Leaf hockey this season, you wouldn't make a stupid statement like that
No I just don't pretend that 7 minutes a night of Leo Komarov is the difference between a Stanley Cup winner and your average playoff team.

He was a good skater, he hit everything that moved, but he had stone hands and absolutely no shot.

He was nothing and when the young legs replace him, you'll realize it.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
If he does leave it will be a huge loss. He was a great PKer and was fearless! No one in our system can agitate like Komarov did this year.

I agree. The guy was a really good PK'er and very responsible defensively. He's the type of guy you don't mind being out on the ice with the game on the line. He's also pretty good on the draws for a winger.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Komarov worked hard every time he was on the ice for the Blue & White, you can't ask for more than that. You can't blame him for going back to his (sort of) native Russia where he will most likely be paid double what he would be getting here (around 1 million a year), when he can barely speak English. Hopefully he stays here, but if not I wish him the best of luck in Russia. I know I wouldn't want to move to Russia to work for half my salary here, which is essentially what he has done in reverse.

That's bull. He can speak English just fine. Even gave an intermission interview on Leafs tv during the season. Sounded just like a typical Finn speaking English. :laugh:

Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 2h
Report: Komarov returning to KHL. #Leafs http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-maple-leafs-komarov-returning-to-khl/

They're citing the same source (twitter).

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
The NHL was too physical for him. He can join the KHL and hit the skilled pu****** there.

Not sure if you are joking or not.

Too physical for him? He had 5th most hits in the entire league...

Anyway prior to the season he talked endlessly about how his dream was to make it and play in the NHL. The Leafs let him go back to the KHL during the lockout because they knew he only wanted the bigshow. I can't imagine he will go back to Russia so soon.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Good 4th liner, below average 3rd liner. Besides him hitting everything and being alright defensively he didn't offer much else. Absolute black hole offensively and never fought.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
There is still literally no follow up or confirmation on this at all. It's all still stemmed from this one tweet.

Everyone needs to cool their jets, RIGHT NOW.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nothing confirmed.Probably should close this or rename title to " anonymous twitter account claims Komerov is done as a Leaf." Closing. Talk about jobs for prospects in prospects thread

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Komarov might be KHL bound

Cool.

Looks like the thread which somebody suggested was "annonymous" rumour mongering morphed into a newspaper article and led to Nonis commenting on it:

Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis said he had “no idea†whether reports Komarov had planned to sign with Dynamo Moscow were true, but added in an email to the Star: “It wouldn’t surprise me.â€

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/06/09/toronto_maple_leafs_komarov_might_be_khl_bound.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad