Leland Irving

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It would be nice to have a somewhat dependable backup backup, however this would require pushing Roy and Bunz down one level in the chain of priority, which I would not be so sure about.

Although, it's always fun to screw with the flames. ;)

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
That arrow isn't pointing up. Nope.

I remember one knockout overtime game he had last year, but he was as nervous as Bambi on the ice. We'll need a vet on the bench.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
irving sucks, if the flames dont want him then that should tell us enough, they essentially said today " we dont have a backup for our ghoalie but the 2 guys here arent good enough so we'll just waive them both"

i dont want hand me down flames

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Wouldn't really be "messing with Calgary" if someone claims him.

He's their 3rd string goalie in the AHL on a 1-way deal.

They're praying for someone to claim him.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
Calgary believes both Karlsson and Irving are a push. They're hoping someone does their dirty work for them and claims one so they don't have to cut one loose. They doubt both are going to be claimed. I personally think we might as well pick one up. It doesn't really hurt us to add goaltending depth. Neither of them are starters but there aren't exactly a huge amount of starters available and Dubnyk deserves a shot at being the #1. As long as Roy and Bunz aren't ready for the NHL then we need someone to be the back up and who knows which Khabibulin will show up.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No, extra contract - near max contract limit.

Leland Irving isn't that good.

And Khabibulin, a fellow russian speaker on the team might help Yakupov a bit.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No. I'd look at Karlsson before Irving. Danis is a better AHL goalie than Irving, and yea Irving was a former 1st round pick with potential but it's looking like he'll never meet that potential. Karlsson is a legitimate back up goalie, and an upgrade on Danis. It doesn't sound like Khabibulin will be gone for too long so I doubt we have to do anything.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Karlsson must really suck, he had the one-way deal and Irving had the two-way deal. Even if they were close Karlsson should've gotten the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad