News Article: Leino likes his new linemate- Expresses instant chemistry with Grigs

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think Laihno will have more success this year. With Grigs and maybe a recharge since he is working hard, we can see good things from Laenough

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
LOL, you guys are too funny... It's going to take one hell of a season for him not to be a buyout victim, just too good of an opportunity to rid ourselves of a mistake.

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN
Third time's a charm for what? I don't get it. For Leyno?

To be fair, Lieknos has only played two full seasons.

Yeah I'm willing to give Leighno another shot

I think Laihno will have more success this year. With Grigs and maybe a recharge since he is working hard, we can see good things from Laenough

I missed you guys...

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Last time the team had a dangerous third line they nearly made the finals.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I like our roster with Grigorenko here much better then without him. If he gets Layneau going, its all the more reason to keep him. As everyone says he's the kind of player who makes other players play better, just like Laynoo is supposed to. In a season like this year, a hot streak is relatively sustainable and very helpful.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I like our roster with Grigorenko here much better then without him. If he gets Layneau going, its all the more reason to keep him. As everyone says he's the kind of player who makes other players play better, just like Laynoo is supposed to. In a season like this year, a hot streak is relatively sustainable and very helpful.

By the same token, a cold streak is very...harmful. Hopefully NHL Player Vil Laihneau doesn't go cold and take Grigorenko with him.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Remember Vile Laino is a proven playoff performer. Not his fault if we can't get there.
Maybe Gragorwitz can help in this regard?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
LOL, you guys are too funny... It's going to take one hell of a season for him not to be a buyout victim, just too good of an opportunity to rid ourselves of a mistake.

Thing is, they also have summer 2014 to buy him out, so it's not necessary to do it this summer if he has a decent/good season. Assuming the below lineup, they have about $51m, with the RFAs being Hodgson, Enroth, Weber, Brennan:

Vanek-xxxxx-Pommer
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Leino
Gerbe-xxxxx-Kaleta
X McCormick, xxxxx

Sekera-Myers
xxxxx-Ehrhoff
xxxxx-xxxxx
X xxxxx

Miller
xxxxx

Let's give Hodgson $3m and assume we're bringing Enroth back for $1m. We're now around $55m, with $9.5m in cap space. Let's assume McNabb eventually pulls his head from his arse and makes the roster, we now have $8.7m to spend. Let's give a UFA 4C around $1m. We've got $7.7m to play with. We'll count Porter as a spare for now, and assume we're spending $700k on our 7D. We're down to $6.4m to grab two #4/#5 defensemen.

They could also buy out McCormick for an additional $1.2m in space if he's ineffective in his role. I don't think it's a given that they buy out Leino after this season. They may, but far from definite.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
^
I'd like to see Armia get a chance to make the roster next year, but with a lineup like that I'm not sure there's room for him. Then again, I think buying out Leino would be a mistake too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad