Lehtinen Number Retirement Announced!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well deserved . My favorite Stars player growing up . Played his whole career for the franchise helped the team win the cup and won a couple of Selkes .

Zubie will also get retired at some point no doubt about it .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Very cool. My favorite forward from the Cup era. The most decorated player in Stars history.

I can't wait for his two word acceptance speech.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Was about a time.
Jere was probably best defensive Finnish forward of his generation in NHL.
It still sucks Jere couldn't come first Finn in triple gold club he would have earned it

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Great for him. Lehtinen was an amazing player. He wasnt one of these modern day "good defensive" forwards who earned the label just because he tried hard or threw the body around. The guy could stick to others like glue and was incredibly smart with this defensive anticipation. He won 3 selkes but could have easily won more.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Very cool. My favorite forward from the Cup era. The most decorated player in Stars history.

I can't wait for his two word acceptance speech.

That speech will be cut in half if he knows that "Thank you" is easily shortened to "Thanks."

Looks like I'll be coming down to Dallas next season.

Same :yo:

Not to take away from this thing, Lehtinen deserves this in any and every possible way, and I know I'll get some negative feedback here, but man I wish they'd do Mr.Hatcher the honor as well. I know it isn't likely to happen, I'm just saying I wish. When considering contributions to the team/franchise, it's deserved just as much as Jere and Sergei. Jere though, for sure playing his entire career with the Stars, and still hanging around, that's the tipper over both #2 and #56.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That speech will be cut in half if he knows that "Thank you" is easily shortened to "Thanks."

Not to take away from this thing, Lehtinen deserves this in any and every possible way, and I know I'll get some negative feedback here, but man I wish they'd do Mr.Hatcher the honor as well. I know it isn't likely to happen, I'm just saying I wish. When considering contributions to the team/franchise, it's deserved just as much as Jere and Sergei. Jere though, for sure playing his entire career with the Stars, and still hanging around, that's the tipper over both #2 and #56.

F***** rights. Drinks on you that weekend then ;)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I wish I could attend, however I will not be going to the United States of America any time soon.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site

I agree. He was physically dominant and surprisingly productive offensively. He had over a decade of great play in Dallas and it should be honored.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I'm very happy to see Jere get the recognition he deserves.

3 Selkes and his entire career with the Stars.

Jere was such a good all-round player.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Hey all, congrats on making it to the Final and on a great season.

I've been trying to acquire some of the mini replica jersey banners given out at some of the jersey retirement ceremonies league-wide and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Stars gave one out at the arena for Lehtinen's. I know they gave one away for Modano's. Hoping to see one for Zubov as well!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hey all, congrats on making it to the Final and on a great season.

I've been trying to acquire some of the mini replica jersey banners given out at some of the jersey retirement ceremonies league-wide and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Stars gave one out at the arena for Lehtinen's. I know they gave one away for Modano's. Hoping to see one for Zubov as well!

JERE LEHTINEN #26 JERSEY RETIREMENT NIGHT Banner program PUCK DALLAS STARS | eBay

Looks like they did.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
When I first saw this thread I thought it was new and for a KARI LEHTONEN JERSEY RETIREMENT announcement! lmao

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Well deserved . My favorite Stars player growing up . Played his whole career for the franchise helped the team win the cup and won a couple of Selkes .

Zubie will also get retired at some point no doubt about it .
Well done! Now on to the 2011s and so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad