Lehtera vs Sobotka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
A couple cups and a selke nomination would definitely get him closer. Though I think his beast of a fellow center and teammate of might have something to say about the latter. :naughty:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Those two should not be compared.

Sobotka > Berglund.

In effort level?

Sobotka's best season is equivalent to a bad season from Berglund.

Sobotka endeared himself to the fans and team for his grit, effort level, and ability to be a utility player on each line. A unique set of skills for a 3rd liner, but at best that's all he is, just like Berglund. Difference is Berglund can get better, Sobie's topped out. The offensive ability isn't there.

A for effort I guess? At the end of their careers, Berglund will have been the better player, regardless of how much someone likes him.

Anyway, back on topic, Lehtera by a country mile.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sobotka would definitely win in a fight. Doesn't he MMA in the offseason?

Lehtera is 4" taller and probably 25 LBS heavier. Not sure Sobotka would win. Don't really know enough about Lehtera's temperament yet. He could be a mean SOB for all we know.

RR10*

In effort level?

Sobotka's best season is equivalent to a bad season from Berglund.

Sobotka endeared himself to the fans and team for his grit, effort level, and ability to be a utility player on each line. A unique set of skills for a 3rd liner, but at best that's all he is, just like Berglund. Difference is Berglund can get better, Sobie's topped out. The offensive ability isn't there.

A for effort I guess? At the end of their careers, Berglund will have been the better player, regardless of how much someone likes him.

Anyway, back on topic, Lehtera by a country mile.
Sobotka is a better fit on the third line and right now he's the better player. You just look at the stats from the past and judge by that. Even so Sobotka outproduced Berglund last year and was way better overall. And with the way Berglund is playing I seriously doubt that he would have Sobotka's numbers in the KHL this season.

OCTA8ON*

Guys let's please keep this discussion on Lehtera vs Sobotka. Lehtera vs Berglund conversation should have it's own thread.

Thanks!

The poll results were somewhat similar to what I expected. The purpose of the thread was really to discuss the upgrade we got.

I like the perspective that the Blues essentially traded Sobotka for Lehtera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad