Injury Report: Lehner UBI

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I have been a Lehner defender even in this mixed fortunes season for him.

But even I've thought he's been simply pretty good this season and not very good or great.

But according to a post on twitter he has the 9th best GSAx this season at +12.3. While having a .907 sv% and 2.86 gaa with a 19-13-1 record in 34 starts.

The opposing goalie tonight, Kuemper, is 8th best in GSAx at +12.7 in the same post. But he has a .920 sv% and 2.46 gaa with a 26-6-2 record in 36 starts.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The labrum rumor was from 2 weeks ago, but if he tested his shoulder and it does need surgery they need to get Varlamov.

Varlamov has an extra year at 5 million, we'd roll into offseason with four goalies under contract for a total of nearly 13.1 million.

None of them would be waiver exempt, the only contract we could completely bury would be Thompson but it would be foolish to try him through waivers, he would definitely get claimed.

We would have to spend assets to get Varlamov now and to get rid of two of Lehner/Varlomov/Brossoit in the offseason.

If Lehner is out, I think they need to find a cheap rental goalie who makes Lehner's same 5 million or less, or just roll with Brossoit and Thompson.

Holtby, Halak, Anderson, Greiss, Korpisalo, Georgiev could work as an RFA. I think that's the pool they could choose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Duck Knight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Varlamov has an extra year at 5 million, we'd roll into offseason with four goalies under contract for a total of nearly 13.1 million.

None of them would be waiver exempt, the only contract we could completely bury would be Thompson but it would be foolish to try him through waivers, he would definitely get claimed.

We would have to spend assets to get Varlamov now and to get rid of two of Lehner/Varlomov/Brossoit in the offseason.

If Lehner is out, I think they need to find a cheap rental goalie who makes Lehner's same 5 million or less, or just roll with Brossoit and Thompson.

Holtby, Halak, Anderson, Greiss, Korpisalo, Georgiev could work as an RFA. I think that's the pool they could choose from.

Thompson doesn't have to pass through waivers next season.

Reactions: sabresfan65

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
How long do you think lehner will be out this time? Crouches and all reported from vegas.... that's bad?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Crutches sound un-good.
Yeah I was thinkin bout the same thang sire.......... he has had a weird season again. Been out and in, many many times. It reads at rotoworld etc that he was seen on crutches for real sire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad