Confirmed with Link: Lehner(72% retained), & Martins Dzierkals for 2nd, Subban, 5th, & Slava Demin

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
This is a great deal. As long as we can continue to provide Robin with a great off ice support system. I’d love to keep him long term.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So what i would do is of course start Fleury against the Oilers, but then maybe start Lehner against either the Sabres or the Kings.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wait.
So Chicago retained 50% then flipped him to Toronto, who retained 44% to get Lehner down to 1.1m? And Toronto sent him to Vegas with a prospect for a 5th?

That was awfully nice of Dubas!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wait.
So Chicago retained 50% then flipped him to Toronto, who retained 44% to get Lehner down to 1.1m? And Toronto sent him to Vegas with a prospect for a 5th?

That was awfully nice of Dubas!
72% total retention, baby!

Last edited:

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Interesting. I will be at the same town with Dzierkals on Friday. Unfortunately I will go to watch ski jumping instead of ice-hockey so I am not able to scout him yet but based on Jukurit's schedule I might see him live on the 14th of March. Nice to have a prospect also in the Finnish league now.

E: His latest Liiga goal can be found here: Gamecenter | Jukurit - Lukko 21.2.2020 | Liiga

Last edited:
Reactions: noirknight

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
That makes me nervous. How many games is he going to play as a Knight? The best thing about Subban is he was so cheap. Seems like the biggest thing this brings is someone that can step in if Fleury gets injured.

I love the trade if the team can keep him though.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That makes me nervous. How many games is he going to play as a Knight? The best thing about Subban is he was so cheap. Seems like the biggest thing this brings is someone that can step in if Fleury gets injured.

I love the trade if the team can keep him though.

I wouldn't worry about the extension yet.

Although it may be very tough to re-sign him.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watched Lehner play many times with the Sens considering i am also a Sens fan, i just have to say i am glad Lehner finally looks like he turned the corner. He was very up and down during his time with the Sens.

One thing i have to say though is he sucks at shootouts. Don't know if he has gotten better at it, but he himself even said that he hates it.

So if the Knights ever go into a shootout and he is in net, consider it an automatic loss. Lol

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Watched Lehner play many times with the Sens considering i am also a Sens fan, i just have to say i am glad Lehner finally looks like he turned the corner. He was very up and down during his time with the Sens.

One thing i have to say though is he sucks at shootouts. Don't know if he has gotten better at it, but he himself even said that he hates it.

So if the Knights ever go into a shootout and he is in net, consider it an automatic loss. Lol
Well, Subban was an automatic win in the SO. That said... We still make this deal 10 times out of 10.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wonder if they'll extend him. Vegas doesn't really have anything planned post MAF. MAF hasn't been himself this season and wasn't amazing last year either, but has 2 more seasons at 7 million. Will be interesting to see how much they're willing to lock up into goal tending.

Massive upgrade on Subban though outside of the shoot out. Should help clinch the Pacific.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This basically is then saying Sparks or Dansk are better options than Subban next year. I really doubt they sign Lehner long term. Maybe they like one of the prospects more than we do.

Good trade though. Gone to see Demin in person three times this season. He's not coming along well. Looks like an average D at the college level. There will be better undrafted options out there every year.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This basically is then saying Sparks or Dansk are better options than Subban next year. I really doubt they sign Lehner long term. Maybe they like one of the prospects more than we do.

Good trade though. Gone to see Demin in person three times this season. He's not coming along well. Looks like an average D at the college level. There will be better undrafted options out there every year.

I don't think this says that at all. I also don't think it's completely out of the question they try to re-sign Lehner with the promise of him being passed the mantle in 2 years. None of Subban/Sparks/Dansk were the answer anyways. With or without this deal they should have been looking at the backup goalie market come free agency.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't think this says that at all. I also don't think it's completely out of the question they try to re-sign Lehner with the promise of him being passed the mantle in 2 years. None of Subban/Sparks/Dansk were the answer anyways. With or without this deal they should have been looking at the backup goalie market come free agency.

They will probably try, but they most likely will just let him walk in free agency.

He makes 5 million now and most likely is not going to want to take less.

I don't see the Knights spending 10+ million on goaltenders for next season.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
How many of the 18 games left do we expect him to play? And how many of them would Subban have won anyway? Subban was 9-4-1 in his last 14 starts.

The team needs to keep this guy or else we basically just threw away another 2nd round pick. Of course if we do keep him, we’re in great shape the next couple of years. Fleury gets less of a workload and we have a goalie we can trust in every game (unless there is an injury).

I’d be willing to deal someone to be able to pay this guy and keep him. Didn’t Karlsson take less money to stay in Vegas because of the favorable tax situation (which meant he really wasn’t getting paid less)?

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The team had a chance to replace Subban last offseason and didn’t. So if Lehner leaves I’m afraid we’ll be stuck with the same problem except with an older Fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad