Post-Game Talk: Lehky scores 2 as the Nordiques defeat the Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure what you're trying to say. Caufield should have not shot with 1.2 seconds left?
Also, this is not the lineup the habs had all season. If the habs didn't have so many injuries, they would have more pts in the standings.
It was one of my favorite goals of the year but the Flyers handed us that game.

Heineman could be eliminated today. He will likely join the habs once his season in Sweden is over.
Bring him on.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Anderson has become a more rounded player this season. He has improved.
I was hard on him early on but he has turned his game around the past few months.

I agree....it has to be hard for this group to bring a top level effort every game.
I respect them for giving it their all but I expect very few points from here on out.
They could drop to bottom 3.

I still think Anderson is overrated, but looking at how he plays with RHP on his line. RHP has been Montreal's best 5v5 player in most on ice measures, and having another winger playing a tenacious style seems to really mesh well with Anderson.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Exactly this is exactly how to tank while still finding positives. I said the same thing last season when we came back to tie it from down 0-4 to the Jets. We ended up losing 8-4 but the fact that we fought back while potting four felt good.

The Flyers and San Jose don't even try it's pathetic. Arizona gets and deserves far more respect.
Agreed and Arizona played hard down the stretch last year too. If their are hockey gods, let one of the teams actually trying win this lottery not Philly

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
What does those dummy fans that go to the games expect? We know it's a rebuilding year and that there's a lot of injuries. There's nothing that can be done. They should do like the rest of us and stay home. Who would pay to see these games? These fans should be booed. lol
$350 tickets gets you the right too Boo or Cheer

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Personally I hope they don't win another game this season, but what's wrong with feeling bad for the players? I don't know if you've played, but being on a losing team sucks and you could see the frustration last night, im human that's all lol
I wouldn’t feel too bad for the AHLers who thanks to the injury situation, escaped long bus rides and are enjoying the perks of an NHL life and payday. None of us can relate to that sort of day and night upgrade. Sure, who doesn’t want to win. But escape the minors and be in the Show — who wouldn’t enjoy that.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
where is he ? you showed a pic of a jewellery store :dunno:

i disagree. He's a 25 goals scorer
Lehkonen is gone for at least 4-6 weeks. If he played the whole season he would likely be around 60 points which is not good enough when you are on MacKinnon's line and the PP. He may be a 25 goal scorer if he is playing on a 1st line where he doesn't belong.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Lehkonen is gone for at least 4-6 weeks. If he played the whole season he would likely be around 60 points which is not good enough when you are on MacKinnon's line and the PP. He may be a 25 goal scorer if he is playing on a 1st line where he doesn't belong.
you are so serious ...:razz:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He literally was one of their most impactful players, in their top 6, while they won a cup.

Lehkonen providing around 60 pts while being an elite defensive forward is totally good enough.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
He literally was one of their most impactful players, in their top 6, while they won a cup.

Lehkonen providing around 60 pts while being an elite defensive forward is totally good enough.

I think a Lehkonen-Danault combo + Toffoli or Anderson should had started the 2021-22 season.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

He has been a 30 point forward until this season. He was going at a 60 point pace this season. Now the 30 pt seasons may be somewhat due to incompetent coaches.
Colorado won the Cup because they were a deep team and he added to it. If Landeskog doesn't come back they are much weaker without he, Kadri and Burakovsky.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't read all. And maybe I don't know all behind it, but that I saw.

Class from the fans and the organisation. It was even before when Saku Koivu was there with his cancer and was welcomed back. And now Lehkonen that gives his all. Very different thing, but still, very classy of the fans and the organisation.

All the best to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad