Post-Game Talk: Legs Wide Open on the Coaching Couch

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pretty much the same story as last game but the Nucks were less lucky. D and Goaltending not good enough. Had our chances to put it away though, couldn't convert.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Difficult start to the season. Getting spanked in the opener, then outplaying but losing in the rematch 3 days later, 4 points handed over to a division rival right off the bet.

Ekholm getting walked on the game winning goal by a 3rd/4th liner is particularly distressing. Hope he gets his legs back quickly after missing all of training camp.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not gonna lie, I'm getting bored of this era of the Oilers. Don't get me wrong, McDavid and Drai are incredible players and highly entertaining but I'm getting sick of the 2 man show. It's the same old shit. Poor defense, poor goaltending, depth scoring non-existent outside of a chunk of last season.

Just 2 games in and I'm sure they'll make the playoffs but I wish this was more of a TEAM. I don't know whatever, just venting.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
1697345593288.png

Reactions: CROTT

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
It would also be nice if they could open the season against a team that isn’t the f***ing Clownucks for once. This team never gets up to play them. Whatever happened to season opener against their primary rival?

Reactions: NedPlimpton

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not gonna lie, I'm getting bored of this era of the Oilers. Don't get me wrong, McDavid and Drai are incredible players and highly entertaining but I'm getting sick of the 2 man show. It's the same old shit. Poor defense, poor goaltending, depth scoring non-existent outside of a chunk of last season.

Just 2 games in and I'm sure they'll make the playoffs but I wish this was more of a TEAM. I don't know whatever, just venting.

Worst managed team in pro sports. In no other sport or really any other NHL team could you give them the 2 best players in the sport arguably and have a team that can't defend or buy a save 9 years in.

Reactions: helloconga

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Better than last season's team they said. Our 4th line has minimal bite to it, Skinner shouldn't have started this game he was clearly the worst goalie in the preseason and game 1 IMO. This team goes nowhere unless Campbell does well and we get an upgrade on D. Starting to look like we need some better top 6 wingers too. 3 skilled muckers basically. Promote Holloway, he has some jump and playing with more skill will give him more room on the ice. 2 Woodcroft preseasons result in our players not being ready for the season. Woodcroft and Holland should be on short leashes if this crap lasts longer than 10 games.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

It’s hard getting excited for McDrai goals anymore cause they almost feel meaningless cause a defender or goalie…or McDrai just give it right back

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
This game was just as boring as the first game. They are making the Canucks look good which hurts to watch haha

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Did someone say in the pre-season that Olivier Rodrigue had made some strides? Might be an option if goaltending remains this bad. Skinner could be sent down for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad