Lecavalier & St. Louis vs Stammer & Kucherov

Lecavalier & St. Louis vs Stammer & Kucherov

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2013
QC
Current Stamkos is unfortunately by far the worst player out of the 4, 25 goal scorer collecting ghost assists on a stacked team, at their peak it's Stamkos/Kucherov easily.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Do people think of Stamkos and Kucherov as a duo?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Do people think of Stamkos and Kucherov as a duo?

Why wouldn't you?

Each player at their absolute peak (as in best season), I put it Stamkos>MSL>Vinny>Kucherov, but all of them pretty close. MSL obviously has the best career of the four to date. I would say Kucherov's peak season is pretty comparable to Vinny's, but I gave the slight edge to the raw point total.

I ... don't know? I guess my reflex is to say MSL/Vinny.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Why wouldn't you?

Each player at their absolute peak (as in best season), I put it Stamkos>MSL>Vinny>Kucherov, but all of them pretty close. MSL obviously has the best career of the four to date. I would say Kucherov's peak season is pretty comparable to Vinny's, but I gave the slight edge to the raw point total.

I ... don't know? I guess my reflex is to say MSL/Vinny.

I feel like they're different types of duos, although I'm having some difficulty explaining what exactly I mean by that.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Is this peak or career?

I know people will say Stamkos is the weak link here and he obviously isn't the player he once was but at his peak he did win 2 Rockets and was top 2 in scoring 5 out of 6 years and the one year he wasn't was because of injury and he lead the league in goals per game. That 6 year stretch was ridiculous.

To me, the weak link here is Lecavalier. He only has two PPG seasons in his 17 year career and those were both in high scoring years just after the lockout. Great player but two top 10 scoring finishes and 2 top 10 point finishes isn't all that impressive compared to the other three here.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
If we're talking each player playing at their peak, it's Stamkos and Kucherov.

Peak Stamkos was arguably the best goal scorer on planet earth and Kucherov is the best winger in the game.

As much as I have a bad taste in my mouth about St. Louis, he's the only thing making this even remotely close, IMO.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Peak Stamkos is the best player here. The other 3 are close.

Career is between MSL and Stamkos, but Stamkos is probably ahead and will definitely be by the time he's done. Kucherov has already matched Lecavalier's top 10 pt and goal finishes and should be comfortably ahead soon.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Personally like Stamkos and Kuch more, but I’ll taken the proven winners, for now.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
At their peaks? It’s close, but I’d go with MSL and Lecavalier. They both were among the best while both being a part of a stanley cup. But in the long run I’d take Stamkos and Kucherov. Lecavalier wasn’t nearly as consistent as MSL, so I would consider him the “weak link”, but Kocherov is still young and Stamkos can have a better season this time around.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Didn't both MSL and Lecavalier lead that team to a cup?
Also, at his absolute peak, Stamkos was not better than MSL at his absolute best, and Lecavalier was amazing as well.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Didn't both MSL and Lecavalier lead that team to a cup?
Also, at his absolute peak, Stamkos was not better than MSL at his absolute best, and Lecavalier was amazing as well.

St. Louis and Richards did. Lecavalier helped.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
If we're talking each player playing at their peak, it's Stamkos and Kucherov.

Peak Stamkos was arguably the best goal scorer on planet earth and Kucherov is the best winger in the game.

As much as I have a bad taste in my mouth about St. Louis, he's the only thing making this even remotely close, IMO.

Lecavalier was great in '07.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
peak Stamkos and Kucherov didn't really play togehter. If it's post injury Stamkos + Kucherov than I'll go with the old guys.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Current Stamkos is unfortunately by far the worst player out of the 4, 25 goal scorer collecting ghost assists on a stacked team, at their peak it's Stamkos/Kucherov easily.

He's a 25 goal scorer because he now plays with a top goal scorer in the league... doesn't have to be the one ripping pucks in every night now, like he did with MSL.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Peak: Stamkos>MSL>Vinny>Kuch but all super close
I’ll go with MSL and Vinny. All 4 were truly elite forwards at some point

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Lecavier and MSL actually won a cup.
And then they became two of four players who had rather large contracts that sucked the depth out of the team and the 4 of them played so many minutes that they were dead exhausted by the time they made the playoffs and nobody except fans of all of the other teams lived happily ever after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad