Lecavalier Div. Consolation Round: Stockholm Full Throttle vs Toronto Maple Austons

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
4bVSw1S.png

Coach: Tommy Gorman

Bun Cook - Sid Abel (C) - Jaromir Jagr
Sweeney Schriner - Peter Forsberg - Vic Stasiuk
Gilles Tremblay - Ralph Backstrom - Claude Provost
Sid Smith - Kirk Muller - Rick Vaive

King Clancy (A) - Emile "Butch" Bouchard (A)
Gary Suter - Bill White
Vitaly Davydov - Lennart Svedberg

Bill Durnan
Mike Liut

Spares: Vincent Lecavalier, C - Bobby Smith, C - Johnny Peirson, RW - Robyn Regehr, D

PP1: Sweeney Schriner - Peter Forsberg - Jaromir Jagr - Gary Suter - King Clancy
PP2: Bun Cook - Sid Abel - Vic Stasiuk - Rick Vaive - Lennart Svedberg

PK1: Ralph Backstrom - Claude Provost - Bill White - Emile "Butch" Bouchard
PK2: Gilles Tremblay - Kirk Muller - Vitaly Davydov - King Clancy

Forward Minutes
Player | ES | PP | PK | Total
Jaromir Jagr| 14 | 5 | 0 | 19
Peter Forsberg| 13 | 5 | 0 |18
Sweeney Schriner| 13 | 4| 0 | 17
Sid Abel| 14 | 3 | 0 | 17
Bun Cook| 14 | 3 | 0 |17
Vic Stasiuk| 13 | 3 | 0 | 16
Ralph Backstrom |12 | 0 | 4 | 16
Claude Provost| 12 | 0 | 4 | 16
Gilles Tremblay| 12/ 9 * | 0 | 3 | 15
Kirk Muller| 7 | 0 | 3 | 10
Rick Vaive| 7 | 2 | 0 | 9
Sid Smith| 7/ 10 * | 0 | 0 | 7
TOTAL | 138 | 25 | 14 | 177
*Depending on the matchup, Smith might see more ice time for some extra offense.

Defensemen Minutes
King Clancy | 18 | 4 | 3 | 26
Butch Bouchard | 18 | 0 | 4 | 22
Bill White | 16 | 0 | 4 | 20
Gary Suter | 15 | 4 | 0 | 19
Lennart Svedberg | 13 | 2 | 0 | 15
Vitaly Davydov | 12 | 0 | 3 | 15
TOTAL | 92 | 10 | 14 | 116

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Toronto Maple Austons

Credit to Johnny Engine for the incredibly good looking logo!

unspecified.jpg

Coach: Tommy Ivan
Captain: Eddie Gerard
Assistant Captains: Bob Nevin, Maurice Richard

Aurele Joliat - Joe Thornton - Maurice Richard
Zach Parise - Norm Ullman - Andy Bathgate
Boris Mayorov - Vyacheslav Starshinov - Bob Nevin
Joe Klukay - Doug Jarvis - Cully Wilson

Spares: Albert Kerr, LW, Rick MacLeish, C/LW, Ken Wharram, RW

NOTE: Ivan reserves the right to form a line of Klukay - Jarvis - Nevin in such a case where a pure checking line is required.

Art Ross - Eddie Gerard
Ryan Suter - Drew Doughty
Ted Harris - Doug Mohns

Spares: Keith Magnuson

Roy Worters
Gump Worsley

PP1: Ullman - Thornton - Richard - Mohns - Bathgate
PP2: Joliat - Starshinov - Mayorov - Suter - Ross

PP spares: Doughty, Parise

PK1: Jarvis - Klukay - Harris - Gerard
PK2: Ullman - Nevin - Suter - Doughty

PK spares: Mohns, Joliat, Starshinov

Forward Minutes
Maurice Richard | 15 | 5 | 0 | 20
Andy Bathgate | 15 | 5 | 0 | 20
Aurele Joliat | 15 | 3 | 0 | 18
Joe Thornton | 13 | 5 | 0 | 18
Norm Ullman | 13 | 4 | 1 | 18
Bob Nevin | 10 | 0 | 4 | 14
Vyacheslav Starshinov | 12 | 2 | 0 | 14
Boris Mayorov | 12 | 2 | 0 | 14
Joe Klukay | 8 | 0 | 5 | 13
Doug Jarvis | 8 | 0 | 4 | 12
Zach Parise | 11 | 0 | 0 | 11
Cully Wilson| 6 | 0 | 0 | 6

Joliat will take some shifts in Parise's place on the 2nd line.
Richard will take some shifts in Wilson's place for offensive and occasional neutral zone draws.
Bathgate will take some shifts in Nevin's place for offensive and occasional neutral zone draws.

Defensemen Minutes
Eddie Gerard | 19 | 0 | 4 | 23
Drew Doughty | 18 | 0 | 3 | 21
Ryan Suter | 16 | 2 | 3 | 21
Art Ross | 17 | 2 | 0 | 19
Doug Mohns | 14 | 5 | 0 | 19
Ted Harris | 8 | 0 | 4 | 12

Bathgate will be manning the right point on the 1st PP unit.​

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's too bad both of these teams need to play in the consolation.Both are solid.

This is not to say they were necessarily better than the other four teams, but seeing them already eliminated (they are right? I don't even remember the format lol) is making me hate the fact not every team makes the playoffs.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
It's too bad both of these teams need to play in the consolation.Both are solid.

This is not to say they were necessarily better than the other four teams, but seeing them already eliminated (they are right? I don't even remember the format lol) is making me hate the fact not every team makes the playoffs.

Well, we don't know yet the voting results so there might not be a as big of a difference between the 1st place and last place teams.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well, we don't know yet the voting results so there might not be a as big of a difference between the 1st place and last place teams.

Which is why I hate eliminating teams right off the bat, but maybe I voted in favor of it.I can't remember.But now that I see what it does, I'm against it.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Which is why I hate eliminating teams right off the bat, but maybe I voted in favor of it.I can't remember.But now that I see what it does, I'm against it.

You did vote for it but then we ran into the problem of knowing a teams seeding which is the kind of problem we're hoping to avoid

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
My team is in the consolation round?

Seriously?

I guess that settles it. Not having something resembling a respectable first D pairing is a death sentence in the ATD, because I really felt I had maybe the best forward group in the draft. Oh well.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Some initial comments:

- Richard and Bathgate are likely going to have a field day through the neutral zone as there isn't really anyone on Stockholm that defends the left side at an elite level.

- I really hope people can look past how poorly my 1st pair "ranks". Defensively, they aren't terrible for a 1st pairing with Gerard there. He could shift over to the left side to handle Jagr if necessary.

- I'm not sure exactly how the line matchups would go but Ivan liked to use checking lines so I could see him throwing Nevin on the 4th line and using that to check the Jagr line. He may also decide to deploy the 4th line as is against Jagr, and the 3rd line against the 2nd line. The notable matchups would be Klukay-Jarvis against Abel-Jagr and Starshinov-Nevin against Schriner-Forsberg.

I could see those matchups being used but I don't think Ivan will go out of his way to get those all the time as the top-2 lines on the Austons can handle themselves defensively.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
My team is in the consolation round?

Seriously?

I guess that settles it. Not having something resembling a respectable first D pairing is a death sentence in the ATD, because I really felt I had maybe the best forward group in the draft. Oh well.

Well if it's own gm says they don't have anything resembling a first D pairing that's a big sign....

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Well if it's own gm says they don't have anything resembling a first D pairing that's a big sign....

mark, I'd be in front of the line screaming about how poor my 1st D pairing is. This shouldn't take away from the great strengths that are present in other parts of my team. Namely, the two headed right wing monster, and the outstanding depth I have on defense. I also believe I've put together one of the stronger PKs in the draft, and my 1st PP unit should be among the best in the draft as well. There's a lot to like about my team.

I'm honestly disappointed that few others seem to have embraced these other parts of my team. I get that the 1st pairing is important, I really do. I just really felt that the rest of my team should have more than made up for it.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I guess I won. Yay!

I'll try to give a better effort in the next series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad