LeBrun: if Crosby wins back-to-back that elevates him above Toews

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I feel bad for Toews, he seems like a humble enough guy but the media keeps elevating him to a level he has never really played at and thus attracting a lot of hate

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I feel bad for Toews, he seems like a humble enough guy but the media keeps elevating him to a level he has never really played at and thus attracting a lot of hate

It's not really.

I mean, here on HFBoards yeah, but that's like what, 0.1% of the population that watches hockey?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If anything Kane is more comparable to Crosby in terms of wanting to win. Toews is like the Malkin of Chicago. Franchise player but not the best on his team.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
When I ready this on Twitter...I swear I couldn't stop laughing. Then told myself..in what world was Toews ever above Crosby...

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't feel bad for toews because he's making millions. I wouldn't mind being **** on for a couple months only to relax with my millions in the summer

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

3 cups and one of the richest deals in the NHL today, I don't! The guy is fine!

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, Crosby is clearly the better player, but LeBrun had a point that gets lost by just focusing on the quote in the thread title.

Crosby himself has stated his respect for Toews and his Cup wins, which was evident when it came to the captaincy of Team Canada at the 2014 Olympics.

Naming Sidney Crosby captain of Team Canada for the Sochi Games, even with his strong resume, wasn't necessarily a no-brainer. Not according to coach Mike Babcock.

"Jonathan Toews has won two [Stanley] Cups," Babcock pointed out Monday.

On Wednesday, Babcock revealed a little more about the process. According to the Team Canada coach, Crosby wanted to make sure Toews was fine with him getting the captaincy before things became official.

"Crosby wanted to make sure it was OK with him because of the fact that he's won a couple Cups," Babcock said. "[Toews is] held in high regard, to say the least, amongst coaches, amongst management, amongst players, and he's a huge reason [the Chicago Blackhawks] win as much as they do."

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter...got-jonathan-toews-ok-accept-canada-captaincy

It's a team sport, but winning Cups matters to these guys above all else, as clear from this quote.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
If Gretzky were to lace up the boots again and somehow win another cup, how close is he to Toews?

1408.gif

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
FWIW, they said it would put him over Toews as a winner, not as a player.

This was in the context of their saying Crosby has changed the game like Bobby Orr did.

So they managed to both overrate and underrate Crosby at the same time. What a brutally stupid segment.

I was going to listen to it but your description changed my mind.:laugh:

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
the disrespect shown to Toews in this thread is sickening

come back to this thread and trash on him when you've proven yourself to be the best player on the planet by winning 3 rings and 2 golds

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Crosby > Toews. Not even close! And I would love to have Toews on the Habs. Crosby is just that dam good and this is no disrespect to JT!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad