Signing(s): Lebron signs extension

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Considering his net worth, never understood not taking a slight pay cut to get some depth.

I get not giving billionaires deals

But No draft picks, so it’s just saying Carry this massive load at an advanced age.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Considering his net worth, never understood not taking a slight pay cut to get some depth.

I get not giving billionaires deals

But No draft picks, so it’s just saying Carry this massive load at an advanced age.

Lebron is the least loyal guy around. That contract makes me sick, no one needs that much money.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Rumour is he'll join whichever team his kid gets drafted by, which I think will make that year's draft rather interesting

Let's say based on talent/upside, LeBron's son should be the 30th pick in the draft

If you're holding the 10th pick, is it worth taking him if you know LeBron's attached to the pick, and will sign at a huge discount (presumably) in order to play with his kid?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rumour is he'll join whichever team his kid gets drafted by, which I think will make that year's draft rather interesting

Let's say based on talent/upside, LeBron's son should be the 30th pick in the draft

If you're holding the 10th pick, is it worth taking him if you know LeBron's attached to the pick, and will sign at a huge discount (presumably) in order to play with his kid?
It also gives his kid some leverage to end up somewhere he wants to be.

Like, he ain't going to Sacramento or, like, Charlotte.

Getting the LeBron farewell tour would be worth it though. You're gonna get a bunch of other guys to come play with him too. But LeBron is a very calculated person. He's not ending up on a team he doesn't want to be on.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Getting the LeBron farewell tour would be worth it though. You're gonna get a bunch of other guys to come play with him too. But LeBron is a very calculated person. He's not ending up on a team he doesn't want to be on.

I don't think I agree with that

What's his kid going to do? Refuse to report to the Kings? Then what? He and dad sit out for the season?

Depending on when he made himself eligible for the draft, the Kings could hold his rights for quite a few years

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think I agree with that

What's his kid going to do? Refuse to report to the Kings? Then what? He and dad sit out for the season?

Depending on when he made himself eligible for the draft, the Kings could hold his rights for quite a few years
They'll get a trade for him because it'll be worth it. If he did hold out then what's the point

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Its not a rumor. He literally said he would do that.

Thats exactly why Bronny will probably get drafted higher than he should be. Things can change but hes the 39th ranked prospect in his class (which does not include any kids from Europe). Teams will draft him knowing they will get the biggest cash cow in the NBA and make a killing off tickets/merchandise, even if its just for 1 year.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That they don't get LeBron either.

So, the Kings draft Junior, and he refuses to sign

Sacramento says "Cool. Sit out"

Then what does Junior do?

At that point, the only option for Dad & Son would be to go play overseas, which may actually be great for growing LeBron's brand globally, but it would be quite a few years before Junior could play in the NBA for another team

With that said, if Dad intends to play alongside his son, then the team holding his rights have quite a valuable asset, so like I said in my original message, it'll make for quite an interesting draft given that a team in the lottery could very well draft Junior, if only for the purpose of trading him for greater value than they paid

Here's my way-too-early-prediction: Junior gets drafted by Cleveland, and LeBron finishes his career where it started

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, the Kings draft Junior, and he refuses to sign

Sacramento says "Cool. Sit out"

Then what does Junior do?

At that point, the only option for Dad & Son would be to go play overseas, which may actually be great for growing LeBron's brand globally, but it would be quite a few years before Junior could play in the NBA for another team

With that said, if Dad intends to play alongside his son, then the team holding his rights have quite a valuable asset, so like I said in my original message, it'll make for quite an interesting draft given that a team in the lottery could very well draft Junior, if only for the purpose of trading him for greater value than they paid

Here's my way-too-early-prediction: Junior gets drafted by Cleveland, and LeBron finishes his career where it started
At that point they trade him. It’s already acknowledged that he’s a valuable asset in spite of his actual talent. It serves them no purpose to dare him to hold out, what’s the point of drafting him 10th if you don’t get LeBron? If LeBron decides to retire instead, Bronny instantly has zero value and you wasted a high draft pick for nothing.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
At that point they trade him. It’s already acknowledged that he’s a valuable asset in spite of his actual talent. It serves them no purpose to dare him to hold out, what’s the point of drafting him 10th if you don’t get LeBron? If LeBron decides to retire instead, Bronny instantly has zero value and you wasted a high draft pick for nothing.

But is LeBron really going to retire instead of playing with his son?

Like I said, they could very well go overseas to play, but I think that would be their only realistic course

My point was, however, that should a team decide not to trade him, he has no leverage other than go play on another continent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Like I said, they could very well go overseas to play, but I think that would be their only realistic course

My point was, however, that should a team decide not to trade him, he has no leverage other than go play on another continent
No because LeBron is gonna get his way. That’s how it goes when you do business with him. LeBron is always gonna do LeBron.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Exactly. He only goes place where he can win a championship over night.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Rich Paul is going to tell GMs if Bron is interested. He will give X amount of teams the greenlight to draft Bronny.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
is his son even gonna be good enough to get drafted? hes in the 30s or 40s in his ranking class atm. maybe he wont even be drafted and some team will just sign him after the draft and lebron will go there also

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
is his son even gonna be good enough to get drafted? hes in the 30s or 40s in his ranking class atm. maybe he wont even be drafted and some team will just sign him after the draft and lebron will go there also
he's a mid-late 2nd rounder at best right now based on his skill, but obviously with time (and being lebron's son) he could raise his draft stock considerably

Reactions: hockey20000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad