Leblanc: Coyotes losses in year 1 = $16.6 million

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So they're pretty much at the out clause already? Wonderful.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I don't get it, is LeBlanc trying to drive away the few hardcore fans and STH's left, so they can lose even more money. I mean after hearing this, there's pretty much no chance I'll renew in 2016, after I graduate. That is, unless we get McJesus.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't get it, is LeBlanc trying to drive away the few hardcore fans and STH's left, so they can lose even more money. I mean after hearing this, there's pretty much no chance I'll renew in 2016, after I graduate. That is, unless we get McJesus.

He seems to think that by saying the models predicted just under $4 million more in losses that it's a sign for optimism.

For my part? I'm already paid through next year; but I'll be looking with great interest at how Maloney spends his summer.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's also cool to know that Maloney may have literally destroyed the franchise by slipping on banana peels like a circus clown, at every single step of the Ribeiro fiasco.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
He seems to think that by saying the models predicted just under $4 million more in losses that it's a sign for optimism.

For my part? I'm already paid through next year; but I'll be looking with great interest at how Maloney spends his summer.

Let's hope so man. I mean, if it was actually disasterous, they aren't stupid enough to talk about it publicly, are they? ARE THEY?!

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Perhaps this is the Bat Signal to Uncle Gary to deliver us Saint Connor ;)

In any event, I'm not worried about the out clause. Anthony LeBlanc doesn't spend 4 years trying to buy this team only to relocate it. Nor does Barroway invest the amount of money he did. From the beginning, LeBlanc and Gosbee have projected profitability by Year 3.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anthony LeBlanc doesn't spend 4 years trying to buy this team only to relocate it.

The ability to use the out clause and limit their losses is actually a big part of why they bought the team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perhaps this is the Bat Signal to Uncle Gary to deliver us Saint Connor ;)

In any event, I'm not worried about the out clause. Anthony LeBlanc doesn't spend 4 years trying to buy this team only to relocate it. Nor does Barroway invest the amount of money he did. From the beginning, LeBlanc and Gosbee have projected profitability by Year 3.

Thank you, finally someone who doesn't panic.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm in the same boat as Feckless, having already renewed for next year before this year started, but my position is now:

Either

1) We were always going to be moved, and there's not much I can do about it. ("Out clause!")

or

2) We were always going to stay, and there's not much they can do about it. ("they" being those who would have us move)...("Why would Barroway/LeBlanc/whoever do xyz if we're moving?")

...and furthermore...

3) We won't really know 1 or 2 until summer of 2018 (which means "they" won't shut up about it until then, and then they'll likely still not shut up about it).

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
3) We won't really know 1 or 2 until summer of 2018 (which means "they" won't shut up about it until then, and then they'll likely still not shut up about it).

They had mostly shut up about it, but news like this is the kind of fodder that produces another dozen pages of BofH circle jerk discussion.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
To me, it seems that the quickest way to profitability is to get McEichel.

This was totally in their control, they just had to order Maloney to trade key players in December. The team would have finished dead last this season, with guarantee of a pick at number 2 at worst.

They did not do that so now a lot hangs on a lottery draw.

I could possibly understand this if there were some young players to nurture and develop in the team this season and they wanted to keep some experienced guys to help that. But the young guys are in Portland or playing limited minutes.

What is on the ice right now can be replaced almost completely next year. Maybe 5 or 6 guys on the whole roster could feature on a playoff team in the future. The rest is more or less waiver worthy.

So why did not they take the safest way to succeed by sacrificing this year much earlier? I just don't get it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
dCU21oi.png

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
To me, it seems that the quickest way to profitability is to get McEichel.

This was totally in their control, they just had to order Maloney to trade key players in December. The team would have finished dead last this season, with guarantee of a pick at number 2 at worst.

They did not do that so now a lot hangs on a lottery draw.

I could possibly understand this if there were some young players to nurture and develop in the team this season and they wanted to keep some experienced guys to help that. But the young guys are in Portland or playing limited minutes.

What is on the ice right now can be replaced almost completely next year. Maybe 5 or 6 guys on the whole roster could feature on a playoff team in the future. The rest is more or less waiver worthy.

So why did not they take the safest way to succeed by sacrificing this year much earlier? I just don't get it.

Yeah. Fire Maloney's dumbass. Because of his and Tippett's mental Pejorative Sluration, we got a nice, clean extra $10 million slapped on the losses from last year.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I wouldn't start worrying until year 3 if we don't reach profitability.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Ribeiro's buyout should be prorated per year not a lump sum and should skip the first year because it didn't start to pay out until the start of year 2. Yes I know the lump sum is in escrow but that doesn't matter.

Year 1) $16.6M + $7.8M acquisition cost (kind of lame they count acquisition cost but whatever)
Year 2) ~$12M* + $1.94M Ribeiro buyout
Year 3) ~$11M + $1.44M Ribeiro buyout
Year 4) ~$10M + $1.44M Ribeiro buyout - $10M Las Vegas expansion fee
Year 5) ~$9M + $1.94M Ribeiro buyout

Year 6) ?? + $1.94M Ribeiro buyout
Year 7) ?? + $1.94M Ribeiro buyout

Total after 5 years is about $73 million-$10 million Las Vegas expansion money = $63 million

*A number substantially less than $16.6M according to LeBlanc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad