Votes: 10 18.9%
  • 1 000 overreaction posts no matter what

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
This team needs the captain back. Landeskog loss is just too noticeable, not just his play on the ice, but the leadership
I love Makar, Mack and Moose but with Landy missing the only guy on the team who makes me think leader is Cogs. There’s a very good reason Landy was named captain as young as he was. I was really hoping we’d see Gabe around the team more this year and no more rehabbing in the Bahamas. They need that man in the room. Mack’s (normally) competitive fire is key but Gabe is the all important calming presence rally the troops man

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I love Makar, Mack and Moose but with Landy missing the only guy on the team who makes me think leader is Cogs. There’s a very good reason Landy was named captain as young as he was. I was really hoping we’d see Gabe around the team more this year and no more rehabbing in the Bahamas. They need that man in the room. Mack’s (normally) competitive fire is key but Gabe is the all important calming presence rally the troops man
Having Landy in the room could help, but they really need him on the ice more

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I said it before, but this team is gonna have more struggles until they build chemistry and identity with all the new players. Right now they’re not playing as a team. Mack, Makar, Mikko are trying to individually win games, RyJo, Colton, Wood, Tatar, Drouin are trying to find their games and learn to play together etc….

This isn’t just a few game thing IMO. We’re looking at half a season of this on and off performances, probably more blow outs. I’m just hoping they actually do build chemistry and play as a team that’s a contender half way into the season, and then they just take off in the 2nd half

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, Mack didn't look like a leader at all in that interview. Just lost.
I mean I don’t really think Mack is a good leader in the traditional sense at all. He’s great as an assistant captain because he leads by example pretty well, but he doesn’t seem like the best guy to rally the troops when things are looking down.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He's not, he is a bad fit there. He was exactly what the Avs needed/need.
Kadri is an aging, overpaid 2C? We need that? Esp for the next six years.

Let’s just hope Toews can start playing like Toews again so his doesn’t suddenly turn into our next EJ like contract.

Kadri’s contract is going to age like milk left outside on a summer day in Phoenix.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Oilers losing today will be the highlight of the day for us. I dont got a good feeling about this one. 5-3 Vegas.
Oh man it sucks being right all the time.

Having Landy in the room could help, but they really need him on the ice more
They need him in all facets for sure.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Losing Landeskog, EJ, Kadri and Helm absolutely devastated the leadership and heart of the team. Replacing them with guys like Drouin, RyJo and Tatar was the exact opposite of what should have been done.
I'll agree wholeheartedly on Landeskog, but Kadri had one good season, EJ is worse on the ice than turnover-machine Manson, and Cogliano is the replacement for Helm with the difference that he's always healthy instead of always injured.

With Landeskog's career in jeopardy, we need to see the more tenured players on the team step up and assume more of the leadership. That's Makar, MacK, Toews, and Rantanen, same group as last season basically. With the dollar figure and term of Nuke's contract, you'd really want him to be a leader too, but after what happened last playoffs, well. Anyways, we'll see how that develops over this season.

Whoever you bring in as a free agent, even if they have all the leadership credentials in the world, isn't immediately going to take over that room. You want to bring in good character guys of course, but the leadership needs to come from the core.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Another absolute stinker for D Toews. He’s been lousy this season.

he's often at the bottom of these after each game. A poor game score is his usual perch lately.

100%. Hes getting off the hook by the fanbase purely on reputation right now but I said it last year that there were signs of his decline back then. He hasnt been the same player since that cup run imo.

You said we would score goals.
I was trying to be nice.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Everyone needs to stop blaming the depth players. You’re not going to win many games when your best players are playing like trash. MacKinnon created more chances for Vegas than Colorado tonight.

It was a 0-0 game with the Avs on the PP before his brain dead play.

Also Georgiev is becoming a problem.

Didn't watch the game, but the box score stats really do point towards at least a less than stellar game by George.

They played the right way in front of Cartwheels. Doesn't sound like that continued, nor was George good either.

I don't want to really, but I might force myself to watch this game tonight.

At least they're inconsistent not just bad to start the year. I'm not going to jump off the ledge yet, and Vegas is pretty much the same team that just won, they're healthy and in tune.

Time to strap in, it looks like it's going to be a Rollercoaster year.

If Makar isn't 100% they need to shut him down now. I don't care if they just squeak into the playoffs as a result. Just stop f***in letting guys play injured outside of the playoffs please.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Everyone needs to stop blaming the depth players. You’re not going to win many games when your best players are playing like trash. MacKinnon created more chances for Vegas than Colorado tonight.

It was a 0-0 game with the Avs on the PP before his brain dead play.

Also Georgiev is becoming a problem.
He hasnt been the same since that Islanders game. Not sure what the hell happened but letting him get killed last night probably wasnt the smartest move on bednars part. This is 4 starts in a row now where hes let in 4 goals or more isnt it?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We are in f***ing big trouble. If LOC and Byram are our best players we are going to have a bad time. This was Nuke worst game ever and if that f***er screw us over again we should shoot him to the moon asap.
Outscored 15-0 in the 3 losses. That I wouldnt have predicted. To put a positive spin on this the Avs are 7-3 through 10. I think most of us would be ok with that start if the question was asked in September. Obviously when you break down the loses its god awful but hey if you lose by 1 or 8 a loss is a loss and a dub is a dub at the end of the day.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

If Makar isn't 100% they need to shut him down now. I don't care if they just squeak into the playoffs as a result. Just stop f***in letting guys play injured outside of the playoffs please.
He was really struggling on the bench after that 1st goal was scored. He's damaged. Seems there are a couple of motions, pushes or cuts where his knee just cuts out on him.

Love Makar but it looks like his body has to be absolutely 100% or he can quickly become a liability.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He was really struggling on the bench after that 1st goal was scored. He's damaged. Seems there are a couple of motions, pushes or cuts where his knee just cuts out on him.

Love Makar but it looks like his body has to be absolutely 100% or he can quickly become a liability.

Seems a little harsh coach..

I'm just saying you don't put your horse in the practice race if he isn't 100%. You let him heal so he's ready to go when it matters.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Facing adversity isn’t a bad thing. Cruising through the season without adversity, winning the presidents trophy like Vegas is gonna do, isn’t a good thing. Just ask Boston

Or Boston, like every year lately.

We have a good coach a strong core, and experience winning, but there is obviously work to do.

I'm still confident in the additions outside of Drouin & Tartar.

I would have put Drouin back in for MacDermy, and let Tufte stay on that second line.

Weird lineup decision against a physical team after seeing it work against STL. What happened to not changing the lineup after wins Bednar? Lol

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
BTW, Vegas doing all that pregame crap with knight and sword and stuff is so dumb. Sitting in that arena and watching that felt like I’m in some sort of a different event and not a hockey game. They do that shit before every home game which again, is so stupid. That building is very loud though, and fans are passionate. I mean they cheered loudly for everything, like every pass break up, every shot block etc…

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Was outta commish. Like wtf happened. Nevermind.. saw replay that I can't unsee.

A different note.. Army West Point beat Air Force today in their intra service rivalry. 23-3. In a game that favored Air Force by 20 points. Army was supposed to get decimated before the game started. Thing is Army could care less. Complete smashmouth, unbelievably aggressive by the Black Knights. They have a direct shot at the Commander in Chief's Trophy in the greatest rivalry in all of sports. The Army-Navy game.

Beat Navy.

And an extra nugget: Every year, Army faces the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) Paladins in the annual West Point Weekend hockey game. This series, conceived in 1923, is the longest-running annual international sporting event in the world.
As a former enlisted sailor, I can attest the biggest jackasses in the Navy came from Annapolis. I know it bad look for me, but I don't mind seeing Navy lose. Officers from the academy need to learn a little humility.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
As a former enlisted sailor, I can attest the biggest jackasses in the Navy came from Annapolis. I know it bad look for me, but I don't mind seeing Navy lose. Officers from the academy need to learn a little humility.

West Point Army officers were some of the most cocky f***s you'll ever meet too.

There is also a can't fail system for them as well. Which is weird because their superiors are rarely West Point grads lol.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He hasnt been the same since that Islanders game. Not sure what the hell happened but letting him get killed last night probably wasnt the smartest move on bednars part. This is 4 starts in a row now where hes let in 4 goals or more isnt it?
Technically only 3 against Buffalo since the last goal was an empty net.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Facing adversity isn’t a bad thing. Cruising through the season without adversity, winning the presidents trophy like Vegas is gonna do, isn’t a good thing. Just ask Boston
Unfortunately, Vegas is a group of proven winners so them cruising through is less likely to end up like Boston or Tampa the year they were swept. That Bruins team had what Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand left from the Cup winning team and all 3 had a 1-2 record in the Finals. More worried they’re going to be like that 2013 Hawks team that started the season unbeaten in regulation in something ungodly like 26

I do think adversity is something this core needs to learn to overcome. They were such a juggernaut they barely faced any in the Cup run other than trailing in games. It’s still incredible this core has won a Cup without ever figuring out how to win a game 7. That’s somehow one hell of an accomplishment but also not sure it’s one to be proud of given Mack is what 0-4 in game 7s now and the rest are 0-3 (since Landy wasn’t part of 23)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Unfortunately, Vegas is a group of proven winners so them cruising through is less likely to end up like Boston or Tampa the year they were swept. That Bruins team had what Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand left from the Cup winning team and all 3 had a 1-2 record in the Finals. More worried they’re going to be like that 2013 Hawks team that started the season unbeaten in regulation in something ungodly like 26

I do think adversity is something this core needs to learn to overcome. They were such a juggernaut they barely faced any in the Cup run other than trailing in games. It’s still incredible this core has won a Cup without ever figuring out how to win a game 7. That’s somehow one hell of an accomplishment but also not sure it’s one to be proud of given Mack is what 0-4 in game 7s now and the rest are 0-3 (since Landy wasn’t part of 23)
That’s true. Vegas won and they pretty much have the same team, but having an easy regular season where you just cruise through it without any issues tend to backfire in the playoffs. When things get tough in the playoffs for Vegas, can they turn it on when they didn’t face any adversity in the regular season? Plus they gonna have a huge target on their back

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad