Speculation: League-wide jersey reboot speculation [MOD: Jerseys now revealed]

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I like the grey. Think Jets could have used that as well, would have fit nice with our colour motif.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like the Reebok stock has finally gone on sale at Jets Gear with the new Adidas jerseys being released next weekend.

I see on True North Shop you can get a Canadian-made pro authentic for $179.99 (regular $299.99). I'm definitely going to pick one up since Canadian-made authentics won't be made available through Adidas.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Just saw a pic of the youngstars in their Red practice jerseys with blue pants and blue helmet,man I think a 3rd red jersey would look amazing I wonder if anyone has mocked up a red jersey as of yet?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just saw a pic of the youngstars in their Red practice jerseys with blue pants and blue helmet,man I think a 3rd red jersey would look amazing I wonder if anyone has mocked up a red jersey as of yet?

The logo is also two toned

IMG_3421.jpg

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I actually really like the lifesaver style logo. Would love it on a tshirt.

Speaking of tshirts and whatnot, are Fanatics gonna be the only company to make stuff like that going forward?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
People will be asking, what's an aretna? :laugh:

Well, if they can have one, why can't we have one?

I think it's more of a one-off promotional jersey, rather than an official third - just like how our heritage jersey was not an official jersey (only used 3 times).

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I was. Never heard of the Toronto Arenas. Too far away in NA hockey history for me to be interesting.

99.9% of hockey fans feel the same way.
same with Toronto St Pats. Montreal Arenas. Winnipeg Victorias.
it's history, but hell, no one cares and those jerseys they keep on trotting out are ugly as sin.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
99.9% of hockey fans feel the same way.
same with Toronto St Pats. Montreal Arenas. Winnipeg Victorias.
it's history, but hell, no one cares and those jerseys they keep on trotting out are ugly as sin.

Toronto St. Pats I do know though. But it's pretty much only because their jersey has been in EA NHL as a Toronto historic alternative jersey for years now.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
You can't tell me that these aren't gorgeous! ;)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Winnipeg_Falcons_Jersey.jpg

(I'd put it in IMG tags but it's a pretty big image)

the yellow Canada ones are really nice.
the Vic green ones?
nope.

it's like that season where the Habs wore those throwback jerseys for no good reason.

https://www.coolhockey.com/p41/Montreal-Canadiens-Jersey-History/pages.html

that candycane jersey goes down as one of the worst jerseys in league history.

the only team that should be wearing their 100-year-old jersey?

Ottawa Senators.
https://www.coolhockey.com/p46/Ottawa-Senators-Jersey-History/pages.html

and it should be their main jersey because it still looks great.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Had a chance to check out the new jerseys at the smaller Jets Gear store at the south end of the arena last night. There's a lot of different mesh materials going on there...kind of strange IMO. But they're cheaper than the Reebok Authentics. I haven't seen a Fanatics Replica yet but I haven't heard much good about them.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Had a chance to check out the new jerseys at the smaller Jets Gear store at the south end of the arena last night. There's a lot of different mesh materials going on there...kind of strange IMO. But they're cheaper than the Reebok Authentics. I haven't seen a Fanatics Replica yet but I haven't heard much good about them.

I still wonder if they ( the $199 ones ) are the same as what the players are wearing on the ice.

Did notice a couple of things....

- the stitching on the names and numbers are single stitch instead of double as in the past

- the jersey material is thinner than in the past... feels too thin IMO.

- the $199 jerseys are made in Indonesia ( says right on them ) and they have a red internal neck collar now. In the past the red neck collar meant it was made in Canada and the Indonesia ones had a greenish neck collar. Trying to confuse the buyer?

- the person selling said they didn't know when the Fanatics were coming in but they expected them to be low quality.

Reactions: Gm0ney

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I still wonder if they ( the $199 ones ) are the same as what the players are wearing on the ice.

Did notice a couple of things....

- the stitching on the names and numbers are single stitch instead of double as in the past

- the jersey material is thinner than in the past... feels too thin IMO.

- the $199 jerseys are made in Indonesia ( says right on them ) and they have a red internal neck collar now. In the past the red neck collar meant it was made in Canada and the Indonesia ones had a greenish neck collar. Trying to confuse the buyer?

- the person selling said they didn't know when the Fanatics were coming in but they expected them to be low quality.

They're not the actual on-ice versions. The on-ice versions are made in Canada, have the double elbows and reinforced fight strap.

The Canucks team store is getting Canadian-made Adidas authentics in November. I asked Jets Gear about doing the same, but they told me the starting price is too high for them to consider offering them at this time. I believe they are closer to $400, which was more than what Reebok sold their Canadian authentics for...
It's a shame. I guess we'll just be seeing more awful sweatshop fakes at Bell MTS Place this year. And no. They don't look close to the real thing. :)

Reactions: Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They're not the actual on-ice versions. The on-ice versions are made in Canada, have the double elbows and reinforced fight strap.

The Canucks team store is getting Canadian-made Adidas authentics in November. I asked Jets Gear about doing the same, but they told me the starting price is too high for them to consider offering them at this time. I believe they are closer to $400, which was more than what Reebok sold their Canadian authentics for...
It's a shame. I guess we'll just be seeing more awful sweatshop fakes at Bell MTS Place this year. And no. They don't look close to the real thing. :)

So the Adidas "Authentics" for sale right now at $199 are more like the previous Reebok Premiers? There's another level up from those to the On-Ice variants that would be equivalent to the previous Reebok Authentic Edge? And the Fanatics jersey is some new, lower tier? The Adidas jerseys I saw last night had the tie down strap...that used to be an easy way to tell between the Premier and Authentic Reeboks.

And what kind of crazy talk is not stocking the Canadian-made Adidas Authentics because the price is too high? Seems like that's exactly the kind of thing you'd want to have around... ;)

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
So the Adidas "Authentics" for sale right now at $199 are more like the previous Reebok Premiers? There's another level up from those to the On-Ice variants that would be equivalent to the previous Reebok Authentic Edge? And the Fanatics jersey is some new, lower tier? The Adidas jerseys I saw last night had the tie down strap...that used to be an easy way to tell between the Premier and Authentic Reeboks.

And what kind of crazy talk is not stocking the Canadian-made Adidas Authentics because the price is too high? Seems like that's exactly the kind of thing you'd want to have around... ;)

I believe the fight strap delineated between a Reebok Premier and a Reebok Edge, but not between a Made in Canada Edge and a Made in Indonesia Edge.

It seems like Jets Gear plans on ignoring the Made in Canada equivalent, and will just go with the Made in Indonesia equivalent (which will be priced in between the Premiers and the Indonesian Edges).

Reactions: 1430MaroonsRoad

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I went to get a new Jets jersey , i have a Pavelec from year 1 , oops , and once i tried on the Heritage classic there was no way i could not buy it . I got Buff's jersey , the A on front makes it look even better ..... GO JETS GO !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad