Post-Game Talk: Leafs with a perfect game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Good for Hutch. Great game by the boys. GOAT is brutal and Marleau is showing his age, other then that amazing game, Rielly for captain?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2019-1-5_21-40-47.png

Not Vancouver's fault. It was their sixth game of a long road trip. Not sure if that was mentioned during the broadcast.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I expected nothing less against the Canucks, a team that the Leafs should thoroughly dominate and they did.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Solid effort tonight, dominated throughout.

Watch it again, he stops at the crease to open up for Marner. He can't turn for a one-time earlier because of the back pressure. Marner doesn't read it and passes to the wrong spot. Would've been fine if Brown was a lefty, but he's not. The whole reason it doesn't work is because he squares up (like he should have)
I trust you. Looked like he didn't turn at all.

Anyhow good game. We scored 5 goals and Marner/Nylander had no points when they both deserved some; and let in 0.
I like Sparks but I felt a lot more comfortable with Hutch there tonight.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hutch .935 GA, 2.00 GA. Wasn't a great opponent. Also true, Sparks has 3 wins agains teams that fired their coaches, they're that bad, so let's keep it real. I'm not in Hutch's corner, but this isn't a downgrade either.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Boys showed up, dominated the game

All 4 lines were rolling and it was nice to see Moore get his 1st NHL goal and Matthews bag 3 points

Hutchison with a nice professional performance, boys looked after him like you'd expect with the backup in net and good things happened

I said it in the Sparks thread and I'll say it again, if the team shows up in front of whoever our backup is we will win, the skaters on this team are that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad