Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Wings Jan. 1st 2014 - Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

WinterClassic2014.jpg

Saw no pre-game thread is up. So starting one.

Hope its fast paced hard hitting game game. Leafs has gotta put wins together if they are to make any noise. Teams behind us are not too far.

Lets go Buds.

LEAFS RULE ALL!!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
winteriscoming.png

winter is coming :)
(I had wanted to do a special pre-game thing for it - but since one got started, i can just concentrate on the GDT instead - no worries)

All I am hoping for is that the Leafs show up for all three periods and play the way I know they can which is amazing, when they put their minds into it. depending on what happens tonight vs. Nashville, we'll either tie up with Detroit again (and knot the season series at 1 a piece) or we can overtake them in points - either way is so important. :)

I think I want a game like the NYR game on the 23 (but more evenly played - ie - really tense, and wondering when the first goal is scored - a Leaf of course) than have like a lopsided score or a 5-4 whatever.

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 9m
It will be Jimmy Howard vs. Jonathan Bernier in goal at the Winter Classic.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 9m
It will be Jimmy Howard vs. Jonathan Bernier in goal at the Winter Classic.

Not a surprised. With the way Bernier has played these past few games, Carlyle is gonna run with him until he plays bad/injured/back to back situation.

Also, its gonna be the first time this season that any goalie for us has played 4 straight. Pretty much shows that Bernier is our number 1 going forward with Bernier getting his 24th start and 29th game while Reimer has been pulled 4 times this season with 18 starts/22 games played...

Bluejaysfan*

The Winter Classic game is going to be even more epic with Detroit losing tonight. A win on New Years gives the Leafs sole possession of the first wild card. Not a bad way to start the year I might add.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The Winter Classic game is going to be even more epic with Detroit losing tonight. A win on New Years gives the Leafs sole possession of the first wild card. Not a bad way to start the year I might add.

huzzah!
please boys, do well!

(I am going to assume we're running the same lines as we did against Carolina)

jvr--bozak--kessel
lupul--kadri--raymond :cry:
kulemin--mclement--clarkson
d'amigo--holland--orr

phaneuf--gunnarson
gardiner--franson
ranger--rielly

bernier

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully I'm awake/alive for this.

Need to get a bit of a streak going here, this is the toughest match in a generous part of our schedule.

Toque*

Reimer will be out next year on new team and Burn-yay will stink as soon as he leaves.

Thats how its works in leaf land...

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
6-0 Leafs, too many tough Canadian boys to lose (although if Dan Cleary got a hat trick, I wouldn't be surprised. Tough Canadian kid he is).

Should be McLaren-Smithson-Orr on the fourth line, after that nothing really matters.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
6-0 Leafs, too many tough Canadian boys to lose (although if Dan Cleary got a hat trick, I wouldn't be surprised. Tough Canadian kid he is).

Should be McLaren-Smithson-Orr on the fourth line, after that nothing really matters.
Well i can see that your posts are going to get old fast :shakehead.

Leafs gotta win this game, they gotta get on a role now with Bozak back and pull further ahead of ottawa.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Well i can see that your posts are going to get old fast :shakehead.

Leafs gotta win this game, they gotta get on a role now with Bozak back and pull further ahead of ottawa.

:nod:

operation snowball effect. we've won two in a row - let's keep it going and really take advantage of our easy-esque schedule, and Detroit's Hell Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad