GDT: Leafs @ Wings | 7:30 est |SNET-O - Start Strong, Stay Strong, Finish Strong, Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The end. I want 2nd place back.

Also - sets us up for a springboard -- beat Detroit, come back home, and spank some Bolts.

we're winning tonight. the end.

Last edited:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Nothing is ever certain with this team, but they do tend to play Detroit very well. I believe since '06 we have won the majority of the match-ups and we only have one regulation loss against them in the last 6-7 years or something like that. Overall the games have been very close though, many of them won by one goal or in OT/shootout.

Need to take advantage though and take them out of their misery with all their injuries; put down the sick puppy here.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Here is a list of Detroit players on the IR.

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm, Jurco, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Andersson, Weiss
G: Gustavsson

If we don't take advantage of this, I have no words.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Wow, they have nobody to shut down our top line. Kessel and JVR have a prime opportunity here without Zetterberg/Datsyuk shadowing them.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Holy Smokes.

I wonder when "killer instinct" is installed. I mean as a team mentality. Because I would start liking this team to look at a team, lick their lips and think "fresh meat." and then tear them up.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Are you sure about this? :huh: The Maple Leafs page on Facebook posted a picture a half hour ago of Bozak talking to Gustavsson at Joe Louis.

oh phew. I heard on the radio that the maple Leafs were stranded in Washington. [but maybe it's just some of the media] this makes me feel mucho better.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
More importantly, more snow is coming? :(

.... :cry:
well maybe it will get delayed at the border? :laugh:

I think the key of this game - is Reimer. He needs to be prepared with the sluggish starts this team goes through [if we start sluggish]. If he can stand up tall for the first 10 minutes and we're not working from a deficit - we'll be cooking.

[this isn't a slag ON Reimer - it's just that recalling last year, the Leafs didn't really start sluggish, so there wasn't a 10-15 minute [full period], onslaught.] So Reimer really needs to shut down pucks when he can, the end.

Come on Ashton. You're going to score your first goal tomorrow :thumbu:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
.... :cry:
well maybe it will get delayed at the border? :laugh:

I think the key of this game - is Reimer. He needs to be prepared with the sluggish starts this team goes through [if we start sluggish]. If he can stand up tall for the first 10 minutes and we're not working from a deficit - we'll be cooking.

[this isn't a slag ON Reimer - it's just that recalling last year, the Leafs didn't really start sluggish, so there wasn't a 10-15 minute [full period], onslaught.] So Reimer really needs to shut down pucks when he can, the end.

Come on Ashton. You're going to score your first goal tomorrow :thumbu:

I am pretty sure that it is illegal to play the puck while you're on the bench. Not to mention that it would be pretty hard ;)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs never make it easy on themselves so this is far from a win despite the injuries Detroit has faced.

I think Detroit will likely dominate us in this game because they have the experience of being in this situation and getting wins late in the stretch and their coach also knows a thing or two about pressure.

If the Leafs want to win, they can't get by on a half assed effort. Detroit has dominated us in both games this season...though Bernier did steal us a W in the Winter Classic.

A long time friend of mine is coming from Vancouver to the Joe Louis arena to watch his Wings play. Please ruin his night Leafs.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Detroit will want this win more then Toronto... They also have a certain prestige about them being the mighty Detroit Red Wings and always find a way but I really don't care this is Toronto's time now, stomp on them and don't give them momentum to get in to the playoffs... Go leafs.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Leafs never make it easy on themselves so this is far from a win despite the injuries Detroit has faced.

I think Detroit will likely dominate us in this game because they have the experience of being in this situation and getting wins late in the stretch and their coach also knows a thing or two about pressure.

If the Leafs want to win, they can't get by on a half assed effort. Detroit has dominated us in both games this season...though Bernier did steal us a W in the Winter Classic.

A long time friend of mine is coming from Vancouver to the Joe Louis arena to watch his Wings play. Please ruin his night Leafs.

are you going as well?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

wow. man if we lose this game, especially to a team without these players, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
A win would all but eliminate the Wings from taking Leafs playoff spot.

Detroit is decimated by injuries and have lost well over 300 man games to injuries including many of their key players.

Leafs need to put them out of their misery.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Expecting a win here.

I hate when posters say this! :help:

I expect a win in EVERY GAME PLAYED! :yo:

Our Leafs being Leafs, will find a way to screw up and lose this game. :naughty:

The Red Wings have so many injuries, our Leafs will find a way to help them out! :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad