Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
There is a very noticeable trend happening within this series... Capitals...be it a slow start or a fast start...run out of gas by the third period or in overtime...They find it hard to go into the later period with the young Leafs. There legs stop moving and they go on the defensive...be it the 31 year old Ovechkin...or the 36 year old Bruce Orpik...either way they faulter. This is our advantage. Stamina. Youth. Caps can't go toe to toe for a full 60 (and beyond) with our young Leafs. I'm curious as to why this isin't where the story line has gone or developed into...

you're absolutely right but the "caps choke against the garbage Leafs" narrative is far more appealing.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Love this team, good thing I didn't watch the game live because I would probably have woken up the entire building when Bozak scored.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
That has absolutely nothing to do with that. Running a hard matchup game can work backwards that takes the flow out of your own team and you risk overplaying some usually your better guys and leave others completely cold. What you end up with is a team of halves and just flat out giving momentum back to your opposition.... Sound familiar? That was Carlyle's mistake

Take a good hard look at the series. Each GWG has been scored by unsung heroes in OT. Neither team is winning or loosing the matchup game. Games have been tight. Last night the goat to Washington losing falls on getting a late game call against them and Shattenkirk horrific shooting on that 5-3 that gave the Leafs life... They didn't loose because of Ovie's TOI.

I would suggest Carlyle had no clue as to who his best players were and heavily played his fourth line at the end which was not stellar defensively. And virtually benched Jake.

And yes, maybe they lose because of Ovie's TOI. Perhaps if he and Backstrom played more there would have been no overtime?

Couldn't disagree more. Babcock played Trotz. Wont happen Wednesday, you will see a significant increases of TOI by the Caps best.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
No chance we get a 5 on 3 in the playoffs this year.

Washington had a shift last night with at least 3-4 blatant penalties, and of course they only call 1 :laugh:

That one play where we already had a PP coming and Wilson chopped down Marner and got away with it was embarrassing.

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
Love this team, good thing I didn't watch the game live because I would probably have woken up the entire building when Bozak scored.

And during Kadri's hits and his goal and Willies goal.....yah you probably would've been evicted this morning..lol

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016

Did it sound quiet in there when watching on TV? I was there and the place seemed like a mad house to me. I was high fiving complete strangers after every goal. The refs and Caps were taking a tonne of abuse from my section.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Did it sound quiet in there when watching on TV? I was there and the place seemed like a mad house to me. I was high fiving complete strangers after every goal. The refs and Caps were taking a tonne of abuse from my section.

Well done! They deserved the abuse (speaking as a homer!)

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If the Leafs end up losing this series I wonder how many people posting here about how much they love the team will still freak out - and you know people will do that.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If the Leafs end up losing this series I wonder how many people posting here about how much they love the team will still freak out - and you know people will do that.

i won't be one

this is all lump free gravy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad