Post-Game Talk: ..::Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Damn good game by the buds tonight.

Rielly, Gardiner, and Zaitsev looked great. Still lots to be desired from the other three, but they were definitely better...

Fantastic job by the Leafs forwards to collapse on rebounds (something that would have got them the win last night by 2-3 goals if they did).

Those 3 were great, but let's give Polak some credit, he's been excellent for us in a lot of games this season.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
don't be McSilly.

McBreather, the collective hearts of leafs nation doesn't rise into their throats at the thought of their backip starting in a couple of games in a row. Andersen can get some mental and temporal distance from the last week and we're not all having minor coronary events every game he isn't playing.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Hopefully that ignites a fire under Andersons ass.

It's not like he's complacent. He's overworked. Like any goalie would be. Even Price can't keep up with that workload.

Hopefully this lights a bulb over Babcock's head to play McElhinney more and give Andersen more of a rest.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Solid and much needed bounce-back win.

Defense was still not great (40SA) but McBackup stood strong.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I still think you go back to Andersen but it's nice knowing McBackup is going to be ready when you need him.

Didn't we sit Andersen for a couple in October? I forget if it was an extended break or something but they gave him a few days? Maybe he needs these tune up sessions...

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I still think you go back to Andersen but it's nice knowing McBackup is going to be ready when you need him.

Freddie didn't look terrible last game and I think sitting him next game would only make things worse. He'll be fine and I would also go back to him next game. While McBackup looked great today, the team defense was 10x better and the team cleared up loose pucks/rebounds in front of him much better than they did last night.

However, I think it's obvious you play McElhinney every back-2-back the rest of the year and games here and there when its 3 in 5 nights/Andersen had played a bunch in a row, etc. Andersen needs to be rested so he can still perform the last 2-3 weeks of the schedule when we will probably need him to be sharp.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
McBackup was excellent tonight, and the boys played hard in front of him.

Much needed solid defensive effort that will hopefully carry over when Freddy's back between the pipes.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I hope one day we are blessed with a good 'smith'. Trevor, Jerrod, Ben. All 4th line plugs who aren't even nhlers. Ben Smith can't even flip the puck across the neutral zone without fumbling..

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
So nice to finally close out a game. It seems like forever since they've done that.

Leafs now tied with Ottawa in points but Ottawa retains 2nd due to 1 game in hand.

Also, don't look now but the Leafs are only 8 points back of Montreal with 3 games in hand (if Colorado can hold on to their 2-0 lead). I think that's remarkable, considering that Montreal seemed sooooo far away, earlier in the season.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Curtis McElhinney. Now that is a man who could not care less about a post-game interview. Well done, sir, hopefully there are more solid starts from him to come. Having a steady backup would be huge for Andersen.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Those 3 were great, but let's give Polak some credit, he's been excellent for us in a lot of games this season.

Was good on the PK and I don't think he iced the puck tonight can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad