Post-Game Talk: ..::Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have no doubts he'll be fine. When I watch Andersen I see a fundamentally good goalie. He has let in some questionable goals but not at the level of "Bernier stinkers", and generally watching him I don't ever get a sense of discomfort or fear of a puck going near him like I did with Leafs goalies of the past.

Even McElhinney got extremely lucky many times last night. That's not to take anything away from him because he did play well, but he was scrambly and let out some huge rebounds. Leafs D did a good job of protecting the slot yesterday and recovering loose pucks before Dallas could get to them.

I fully expect Andersen to finish the year with a sv% in the ballpark of ~.918-.920

If he can finish the season right around his career % mark of 0.917 but play a full starting goalie's workload (~65 games), I'm pretty content ... First year as a full starter undoubtedly tested his endurance so staying at his career mark is a solid goal. Going forward it would be nice to see him improve however.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
I have no doubts he'll be fine. When I watch Andersen I see a fundamentally good goalie. He has let in some questionable goals but not at the level of "Bernier stinkers", and generally watching him I don't ever get a sense of discomfort or fear of a puck going near him like I did with Leafs goalies of the past.

Even McElhinney got extremely lucky many times last night. That's not to take anything away from him because he did play well, but he was scrambly and let out some huge rebounds. Leafs D did a good job of protecting the slot yesterday and recovering loose pucks before Dallas could get to them.

I fully expect Andersen to finish the year with a sv% in the ballpark of ~.918-.920

Great post, he's just a solid goalie.

Lets not forget he plays for one of the worst shot suppression teams who let in totally avoidable goals each game. Andersen makes tonnes of big stop's in close games. Wait till he has at least an average d-core infront of him, he will be elite.

With a top 15 Defense Anderesen is a top 10 goalie, he carried us early on (he was hot), and our D sucked. Now hes playing normally (not bad), coupled with our horrendous D = slump.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My personal opinion is that Andersen is not tired, but opposite is true - those mandated 5 days break and All star break got him out of the rhythm. We need to play him regularly for him to get it back.
Unless, of course, he nursing some sort of injury as some posters noticed here.

Yeah could be. Goalies are just ... different. Rest might be what needs, or it might be just the thing to screw him up completely, who the hell knows. Hopefully whatever he needs is what will be done.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Great post, he's just a solid goalie.

Lets not forget he plays for one of the worst shot suppression teams who let in totally avoidable goals each game. Andersen makes tonnes of big stop's in close games. Wait till he has at least an average d-core infront of him, he will be elite.

With a top 15 Defense Anderesen is a top 10 goalie, he carried us early on (he was hot), and our D sucked. Now hes playing normally (not bad), coupled with our horrendous D = slump.

Yep, out of starting goalies this year who have played a real starter's workload (~30-35+ games) he faces the most shots against per game.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Or maybe they post on here

Haha the point is they are in the media and sports reporting is very different from sports entertainment and gossip etc. I want to hear about a deep analysis or some hockey history from that platform. Interesting things and if they want to have a special show devoted to this kinda stuff make that a thing! If they want to post here? GREAT! Come on down and ham it up with the rest of us. I just don't like it when they destroy their own credibility for clicks. It's a tacky cheap move that only works on a temporary basis until the people just mock and ridicule their platform out of existence.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Yeah could be. Goalies are just ... different. Rest might be what needs, or it might be just the thing to screw him up completely, who the hell knows. Hopefully whatever he needs is what will be done.
You definitely got that right. Everybody's different and every little thang makes a difference what we do during these days. Sometimes a motha gets some and sometimes don'ts. It's like somebody does it often and some other don't. If Freddy gets to play PS4 a lot somedays and then plays texas holdem too much he might not be the same freddy on nightmare he was the other day. Might allow some. Vacuum in some even. Like 5 goals or something like that. But then if the some goalie is really loose and layed back he might play everytime pretty good. Like Holtby often does etc. THen again holtby is one of those real dedicated wolfs. Lonely shepherd who does his weird thang before the game where he just sits and stands there and stares that thousand yard stare to emptyness. Dedicated. Some others like toskala joke around be that loose cannon type suckas, and still play well like he did in san jose.

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
Haha the point is they are in the media and sports reporting is very different from sports entertainment and gossip etc. I want to hear about a deep analysis or some hockey history from that platform. Interesting things and if they want to have a special show devoted to this kinda stuff make that a thing! If they want to post here? GREAT! Come on down and ham it up with the rest of us. I just don't like it when they destroy their own credibility for clicks. It's a tacky cheap move that only works on a temporary basis until the people just mock and ridicule their platform out of existence.

Like Kouleus on TH back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad