Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN! -> Summer of Dorion continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
That's where the difference lies. Seems we allow other posters to say their piece on our board and we get banned from theirs at the slightest 'infraction'

Wouldnt be surprised to hear some nonsense about "power dynamics" behind this sort of attitude from the mods.

The largest fanbase must be the bad guys right?

...or its just plain old bias against Leafs fans seeing as we're on one of those outdated message board thingies.

Murray has been injured, but not bad. He has had good and bad stretches.

They probably took the two riskiest options and have one that has worked out well, and one that has been fine (if the injuries continue, I am fine with calling it bad), but we also got some picks to take on the "fine" option.

Yea, up and down stretches this year probably due to the injuries not helping.

14-8-2, .905, +0.11 GSAx

Stats are the definition of "he's been fine" and should be feeling good for the playoffs *fingers crossed*

Samsonov up there with Shesterkin, Oettinger, Vasy, Saros and Helle for save% right now which is nice to see.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs definitely, had the better goalie last night.

And it was on the road.

Kind of tough not to call him the starter, regardless of Murray's history in Pittsburgh.

Didn't think they actually, played that well, players snoozing through the game.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Murray ranks 29th in SV% among goalies with 20+ starts. That's definitely not great but those are still NHL caliber goalie stats and not all teams even have a goalie playing at that level.

I was hoping that Sammy/Murray would combine to give us at least a decent goalie tandem, hopefully better than decent but most importantly, that at least one guy would emerge as a quality starter by the time the playoffs rolled around. All boxes are now checked and I don't see how anyone could complain about how things have gone to this point. :)

He had a hot stretch in Nov along with the rest of the team, which heavily weights his YTD stats, more than half of his games his sv% is below ..899, If he had consistency I'd have a different opinion, he's not a guy who has earned my trust. You want players who you can rely on, not sure he's done enough to earn that trust.

Sammy has been much better than advertised.

Based on Murrays play he's our 3rd best option behind Sammy and Woll.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
That's where the difference lies. Seems we allow other posters to say their piece on our board and we get banned from theirs at the slightest 'infraction'

It's f'd up for a poster to change his screen name to BallardDiddleKids, yet I'm the one who received a thread ban.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He had a hot stretch in Nov along with the rest of the team, which heavily weights his YTD stats, more than half of his games his sv% is below ..899, If he had consistency I'd have a different opinion, he's not a guy who has earned my trust. You want players who you can rely on, not sure he's done enough to earn that trust.

Sammy has been much better than advertised.

Based on Murrays play he's our 3rd best option behind Sammy and Woll.
You don't trust him, that's one thing, calling him a dumpster fire is another thing entirely. He's had his ups and downs this season but the big picture is that over the course of the season, he's been playing like a low end NHL starting goalie nd calling him a dumpster fire is just wrong.

Dubas had to gamble on somebody, he chose to gamble on Murray and Samsonov and the results so far say that he hit a home run - we've gotten solid goaltending this season, well above what you could expect based on how little cap space our goalies take up.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So I simply took the actual Goalie Stats from 2021-22 for the Leafs.
A inserted/replaced the 2 new goalies in their place to see what the difference in the standings WOULD HAVE BEEN.
Based on these 2021-22 records the Leafs would have gone from 115 points to 86 points.
No. They. Wouldn't. That's not what their place in the standings would have been. We would not have dropped from 115 points to 86 points by replacing our goaltending with better goaltending.

Wins. Do. Not. Transfer. With. Goalies.
They. Are. Not. Goalie. Stats.
You can't take goalies from worse teams and assume that their win records would be the same on much better teams.

And not only is what you did here incorrect and misleading, but what you've repeatedly avoided addressing is that you didn't even do your incorrect statistical manipulation correctly. You did not add up 82 games.
Tell me... Look at those totals. What is 39 + 30 + 8. Because it sure as heck isn't 82.

You spent months spreading doomsday scenarios like this and incorrect claims about goaltending that ended up massively better than last year.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
You don't trust him, that's one thing, calling him a dumpster fire is another thing entirely. He's had his ups and downs this season but the big picture is that over the course of the season, he's been playing like a low end NHL starting goalie nd calling him a dumpster fire is just wrong.

Dubas had to gamble on somebody, he chose to gamble on Murray and Samsonov and the results so far say that he hit a home run - we've gotten solid goaltending this season, well above what you could expect based on how little cap space our goalies take up.

for 4+ mil a season and injured frequently and over half his games with a sv% below .899 that is IMO a dumpster fire.

Reactions: geo25 and Al14

Jun 27, 2005
I'm not sure why you're struggling with such a simple concept.

We were talking about Risk/Reward last Summer about Leafs taking on a pair of project goalies cut loose by their previous teams Sammy without a QO and made a UFA and Murray dealt as a Salary dump..

View attachment 680400

A inserted/replaced the 2 new goalies in their place to see what the difference in the standings WOULD HAVE BEEN.

View attachment 680402

Based on these 2021-22 records the Leafs would have gone from 115 points to 86 points.

There is no prediction for future events only a comparison of Win / Loss records of goalies OUT vs. goalie IN based on historical stats of the past season.

This is the dumbest idea ever and doesn't even add up. Wow just wow.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Summer of Dorion continues :laugh:

dorion-pierre.gif

I'd like to point out that this video will never lose its charm.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not sure why you're struggling with such a simple concept.

We were talking about Risk/Reward last Summer about Leafs taking on a pair of project goalies cut loose by their previous teams Sammy without a QO and made a UFA and Murray dealt as a Salary dump..

View attachment 680400

View attachment 680402

There is no prediction for future events only a comparison of Win / Loss records of goalies OUT vs. goalie IN based on historical stats of the past season.
And what was the purpose of extracting such information?

Are you in a contest for producing the most useless piece of information ever?

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
Good win for the boys last night! I was at the game with a couple of buddies, my dad and my uncle. It was my first live Leafs game since 2003! It was 90% Leafs fans in my section. My one buddy is a Sens fan and I got to poke fun of him, saying he didn't get to stand up once during the game to stretch his legs, since the Sens couldn't buy a goal haha.

Sammy played great last night! We had a loud "Sammy! Sammy!" chant going after that awesome cross ice toe save! We also had a guy wearing a Habs hat sitting in front of us that passed out half way through the first period. Talk about a waste of money lmao!

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Good win for the boys last night! I was at the game with a couple of buddies, my dad and my uncle. It was my first live Leafs game since 2003! It was 90% Leafs fans in my section. My one buddy is a Sens fan and I got to poke fun of him, saying he didn't get to stand up once during the game to stretch his legs, since the Sens couldn't buy a goal haha.

Sammy played great last night! We had a loud "Sammy! Sammy!" chant going after that awesome cross ice toe save! We also had a guy wearing a Habs hat sitting in front of us that passed out half way through the first period. Talk about a waste of money lmao!

You just hate to see it.:D

Sens fans aren't too pleased with being overrun by opposing fans in their own barn.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Summer of Dorion continues :laugh:

dorion-pierre.gif
This one, along with Tkachuk having a temper tantrum after Muzzin absolutely played him like a fiddle are 2 of my absolute favourites.

Would love for someone to put them together so I can watch them over and over and over and........

Good on Zahorna for making good in the little opportunity he's had thus far, and cheers to Samsonov getting the shut-out.

Always feels good to beat the Senaturds, whether the game matters or not.

Go Leafs Go!

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He hasn't had a good stretch since November, I'm a realist.
Murray's had some very good games recently, some of the games where he allowed 4 goals he was our best player as the rest of the guys didn't even show up.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Off topic: holly crap I had no idea Dubas was a tall guy. We passed him & Spezza in the hallway, after they came out of their suite @ the Sens game, and I had to look up couple of inches & I'm 6.1.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Wouldnt be surprised to hear some nonsense about "power dynamics" behind this sort of attitude from the mods.

The largest fanbase must be the bad guys right?

...or its just plain old bias against Leafs fans seeing as we're on one of those outdated message board thingies.

Yea, up and down stretches this year probably due to the injuries not helping.

14-8-2, .905, +0.11 GSAx

Stats are the definition of "he's been fine" and should be feeling good for the playoffs *fingers crossed*

Samsonov up there with Shesterkin, Oettinger, Vasy, Saros and Helle for save% right now which is nice to see.
I take it as "we are able to handle it"
Imo I don't mind some rival poster coming here as long as the post aren't hateful or just pure vitriol

Reactions: Zybalto

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I take it as "we are able to handle it"
Imo I don't mind some rival poster coming here as long as the post aren't hateful or just pure vitriol

I'm good with it too but is it really that the other sides posters are completely thin skinned or is there a moderation issue when it comes to our team?

Hell, it could just be that they want to keep the smaller fanbases as happy as possible to keep the traffic going on those pages (not a huge problem here) and so will shut down anything that could upset those boards.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm good with it too but is it really that the other sides posters are completely thin skinned or is there a moderation issue when it comes to our team?

Hell, it could just be that they want to keep the smaller fanbases as happy as possible to keep the traffic going on those pages (not a huge problem here) and so will shut down anything that could upset those boards.
That's a realistic probability about the moderation. I've never thought of it that way.
Fair point

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Murray's had some very good games recently, some of the games where he allowed 4 goals he was our best player as the rest of the guys didn't even show up.

Those 52 shots he faced against Ottawa with their season pretty much on the line when we won in the shootout were tied for the 2nd most allowed in a game since 2007 (I stopped looking before that too). I think that he (and that game) broke their spirit.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dorion was smart enough to dump Murrays contract on the leafs for pennies on the dollar (3rd and a 7th). Now he'll need to dump a first to get rid of him.

Reactions: geo25 and Hellcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad