Post-Game Talk: Leafs win Monday Matinee Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
In retrospect, Bertuzzi's 30 goal season was clearly an outlier.
Since then, he's got 15 goals in his last 102 games. And that now includes missing an EN.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Very good road win.
Since the Rielly suspension, the team is playing some good team hockey.
Playing with lots of intensity, paying lots of attention to the small details and being responsible defensively.
It's a pretty easy sell to the players to up their level when you lose an important player and playing a consistent 60 minutes of hardworking hockey is sometimes this teams biggest hurdle.
Not sure why it seems to have been such a hard sell for the first 50 games but whatever, better late then never. Just be ready to play when the playoffs start, that's all I ask.

Reactions: weems

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Ridley Greig is beauty for us. Team is playing some of their best defensive hockey, have gone 4-0 since his goal, and McMann is tearing it up.

I'd be fine if he helps his lowly Sens get a win tonight against Tampa, but wouldn't be surprised if they drop to 1-3.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Pretty obvious the only way Bert scores the other night is for AM to bank it on off of him. He might work on the PP as a big body in front of the net; I don't know.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not sure why it seems to have been such a hard sell for the first 50 games but whatever, better late then never. Just be ready to play when the playoffs start, that's all I ask.

It's almost like they believe their overall talent level should be good enough to win most games or that it's good enough to win by just showing up for 20-40 minutes but when one of the top dogs is it out of the lineup it's easier to get the message across that you need to play hard right from puck drop and for the full 60.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
4-0 since the Grieg incident. Morgan may have gone overkill with the headshot but don’t let any dork tell you it didn’t mean something to the team for to him go after Grieg for that bush league stunt.
So when Knies got dummied and Lily got slewfooted that wasn’t reason enough to mean something?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You just knew Bert is not going to score the Empty Net. That’s just his luck this season.
McMann and Robbie continue to be impressive. They are just relentless in forechecking and back checking, hold on to the puck well and drive to the net.
Didn’t notice Rafai which is a good thing.
Bash brothers are great again.
Willie can PK too.
Also love Keefe playing JT with McMann and Robbie.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
As someone said in the GDT -- they're all working their butts off out there.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So when Bobby Mcmann scoref the broadcast said unassisted, I don't think that's right because the score app on my TV said Marner had 3 assists.

I'm also fairly certain Matthews shot the puck down the ice before Mcmann scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany