Post-Game Talk: Leafs win. Goodbye, suckas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I can get not liking Kadri, I can understand thinking he had a lucky season last year or wanting to trade him.

I can't understand how you can look at last year though and say he wasn't a top 5 player for this team. He was a 30 goal scorer facing top competion.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Stop with the possession crap. It means nothing in the context of how it’s calculated today. Have you ever watched a shot clock. Every buildings concept of a “shot” is different.

Ok, forget the possession crap.

We'll just look at the role babcock thinks he deserves.

And the contract Lou thinks he deserves.

And all the traditional stats.

And the success the team has had with Kadri in that role.

And they all say the same thing.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Ok, forget the possession crap.

We'll just look at the role babcock thinks he deserves.

And the contract Lou thinks he deserves.

And all the traditional stats.

And they all say the same thing.
Like what? Komarov and Hyman deserve all the ice they get because of the value they provide? He’s right btw.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Must feel nice to finally have a window to take shots at Kadri. Must have been a rough year for you last year when he was our 2nd most valuable forward and one of our most valuable overall for getting us to the playoffs.

Sticking to your false narratives I see.

Keep doing it. It's what you do best.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Just have a different opinion on the value of players than some on here. Leaf fans are notorious for their affection of the wrong player.

Literally everyone but you thinks he's been a very good player for the last two seasons. Fans of other teams, Babcock, talking heads... everyone.

Right or wrong, you're out a limb here...

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Yes, you've arbitrarily stated your fringe opinion with little or no reasonable justification for it several times here. I get it.
No justification? So you missed the Pk part right? How the 14 game 1 point part. Believe me Babcock would not separate Kadri from Komarov. The results would be ugly for Kadri. Been there seen that mess.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
His shtick is so obvious it's not even funny.

Bozak being praised for carrying an "A" is one of the most pathetic attempts at grasping straws that I've ever seen. Anyone with half a brain can easily see there are several other players on the team who'd easily be justified for having an "A"

The false narrative is strong with you.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I can get not liking Kadri, I can understand thinking he had a lucky season last year or wanting to trade him.

I can't understand how you can look at last year though and say he wasn't a top 5 player for this team. He was a 30 goal scorer facing top competion.

I would agree with this.

I even said I would sign him for more if he was looking for a deal. Not as much as Gary but still, in the $6m range.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017

Equals first round knockout by a bad playoff team. He didn’t have to play any defense at all. All Komarov and Brown.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
No, I meant what I said, fans of other teams, Babcock, talking heads, literally everyone but you.

Do you like, watch hockey and talk about it with people? Who has agreed with you on this?
If you listen lots. Even on here but Kadri fans don’t listen or even watch a full game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He was the Leafs' 2nd best forward last year, definitely a top-5 player on the team, and they made the playoffs.

And if he's not top-5 on the team right now, he's damn close.

He doesn't have to be a top 5 player on the team, which for the last month would be debatable, in order to be a contributor to a team's success.

Teams have more than 5 players and hopefully all of them are contributing.

Kadri last year was probably one of the top 5 reasons for the playoffs, quickly in no particular order, Kadri, Matthews, Andersen, Nylander, Marner, van Riemsdyk, Gardiner, Rielly were all major players in last year's playoffs position. To put it in order, I'd go with van Riemsdyk and Nylander out of the top 5, and perhaps Rielly. Really hard to suggest Matthews, Kadri, Andersen wouldn't be top 3 in some order.

Even if he was 10th. most important player going forward that wouldn't be an insult whatsoever ... say Dermott and Liljegren come up and blow everyone away and Kapapen joins Marner and gang amongst top producers, I'd still be happy to have Kadri plying his trade with the team.

Right now something seems a bit off with Kadri, but it started before the concussion concern.

Since November 30th. Kadri has one goal, one point. Fact not opinion others can discuss their opinion on why, but I think there is something there.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He'll go down in history with the likes of Lupul, MaCarthur, Beauchemin and Komisarek. Quite the honour

Lupul, MacArthur and Beauchemin were really good players for our team at one point. Not sure why you are hating on them. Also beauchemin got us some good value back.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If having an "A" on a players jersey is so important why don't they spell out the word entirely? For example when people are recognized in the movie industry they are given an Oscar, you don't see them only passing out the head of the trophy do you? No you don't, you get all the trophy. "Pfffft"

this quite frankly is one of the dumbest analogies I've read on this board. They don't write the full thing out because the jersey isn't big enough to have all that writing. Also A is a league wide accepted abbreviation for Assistant Captain

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
What makes my opinion of less value? That’s Kadri fans biggest issue. Not everyone is going to agree with the opinion that this is a valuable player. We’ve never won anything with him and he’s never played past round 1 of a playoff. Time to move on from him and Bozak and JVR and Gardiner. The losing stench has gone on long enough.

we haven't won jack shit with any of the guys on our roster, so that point is moot lol

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You just can't make some people happy. We could win the Cup this year with Kadri as MVP and there would guys here saying "Trade him now, his value will never be higher".

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Stop taking shots at and being overly defensive about Kadri. He’s played poorly lately he but he will recover.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Lupul, MacArthur and Beauchemin were really good players for our team at one point. Not sure why you are hating on them. Also beauchemin got us some good value back.

Not hating at all. Just goes to show you the 'A' means very little sometimes. I'd arguethat Beauchemin wasn't very good while he was here, but then again, the whole team was garbage. And Lupul - they couldn't wait to get him away from the roster. Komisarek wasn't good here either - but Burke et al liked the truculence :)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
this quite frankly is one of the dumbest analogies I've read on this board. They don't write the full thing out because the jersey isn't big enough to have all that writing. Also A is a league wide accepted abbreviation for Assistant Captain

He was being sarcastic ;)

Reactions: francis246

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
How much time have you spent in the locker room or with the players away from the rink to be able to come to this conclusion?

I can only comment on the leadership I see on the ice and I would list several others ahead of Bozak in that category. I also was not impressed with the reports that he was regularly the 2nd player off the ice after practice after Kessel. That sums it up on this subject for me, he had a choice of leading the other players, or following Kessel. He chose to follow Kessel.

maybe?

at the very same time they gave an A to a career #7 dman they had just signed for peanuts as a free agent.

Yup. That goes a long way to showing how little wearing the A matters. I can name off the top of my head probably all our captains over the last 50 years but assistant captains ... nope. I suspect it's like that for most fans, I could be wrong though.

In my opinion, wearing the A means very little. That's the way I've always felt, and I've never seen any reason to feel differently.

yes. they are near the bottom.
but they aren't at the bottom because they suck.
but i know people percieve this in different ways. like for me, if it was a team that literally couldn't get their poop together/had very little talent and we struggled - i'd be more concerned vs. a team who is at the bottom because they had their legs cut from underneath them due to the fact that they had a lot of injuries they couldn't over come.

I never said they suck. Seems like a pretty subjective term anyway so I wouldn't want to debate which teams suck and which don't. All I said was that they were near the bottom which isn't so subjective and is 100% true.

Just because someone makes an outlandish statement doesn’t mean you should trash earning an A. I’m sure it’s a big deal to those chosen.

I don't think wearing the A is that big a deal, I don't think that's trashing anything.

I would agree with this.

I even said I would sign him for more if he was looking for a deal. Not as much as Gary but still, in the $6m range.

You should be embarrassed about the way you changed my words around on that subject. Still doing it I see, some people have no shame at all I guess.

Kadri last year was probably one of the top 5 reasons for the playoffs, quickly in no particular order, Kadri, Matthews, Andersen, Nylander, Marner, van Riemsdyk, Gardiner, Rielly were all major players in last year's playoffs position. To put it in order, I'd go with van Riemsdyk and Nylander out of the top 5, and perhaps Rielly. Really hard to suggest Matthews, Kadri, Andersen wouldn't be top 3 in some order.

Spot on IMO.

Me and tons of other posters are well aware of your post history regarding Kadri.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad