Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 5-1 over the Caps

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
1711686599120.png

Really strong game for the Brodie-Boosh pair.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Crazy that in a game the Leafs dominate from start to finish they still end up with less powerplays than the other team
Crazy implies that there isn't a logical explanation. There is: rigged league, game management, and Wes.

Going to hurt us again in the playoffs. But hoping more sandpaper this year will help us overcome this BS

Tyler Bertuzzi is becoming a better hockey player right before our very eyes.
Would love to sign him. Needs to be a bargain. Let's see if he's willing to stay and grow into an important piece or chase the dollars

f*** I miss hymen though

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
win o meter 240329.png

Clearly this is a good match up for us. Clean win.

Good to get back on track.

Good to respond to being called out.

Good.

Reactions: rdogg

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I was on a 5 hour flight last night from Panama.

How did Giordano look? Yes I know he got 1 G and 1 A.

Was he solid?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bertuzzi is going to make me miss him when he signs for too much money elsewhere. Glad he is playing well with the playoffs around the corner he could be a difference maker. Woll was solid , not liquid. Great signs.
It is funny, many say we got screwed because the cap did not rise but when it does, we give it to 34 and 88 and 16 probably gets the next one. Now we got Bert heating up as we get closer to playoffs and if he performs, we likely won't be able to bring him back and will be looking for another value LWer.

Good on Tre for not bailing on Bert after his slow start. The previous GM may have shipped him out of town ala Ritchie and paid to dump him.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It is funny, many say we got screwed because the cap did not rise but when it does, we give it to 34 and 88 and 16 probably gets the next one. Now we got Bert heating up as we get closer to playoffs and if he performs, we likely won't be able to bring him back and will be looking for another value LWer.

Good on Tre for not bailing on Bert after his slow start. The previous GM may have shipped him out of town ala Ritchie and paid to dump him.
Great points but we are really lucky McMann has turned into a player and that we have Knies. Kind of makes it a forgone conclusion that we move on from Bert. Have to enjoy him while we can.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Great points but we are really lucky McMann has turned into a player and that we have Knies. Kind of makes it a forgone conclusion that we move on from Bert. Have to enjoy him while we can.
Agreed but both need more time to get to the next level. We now need Minten and Cowan to stick and could make our most serious run after Tavares comes off the books. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Not gonna lie, I really wasn't sure about this game. Glad the good guys won.

Go Leafs Go!

The leafs aren't catching anyone above them. It's possible but highly unlikely. They wont have home ice advantage.

Leafs just need to play playoff hockey. Last night was a nice example. They're missing key players, playing others that are sick/recovering.

Last night's result is a welcome one. Not just the win, but how the team responded after being called out for their poor play, the previous game.

Let's keep it going, Saturday!!

Reactions: OddyOh and ToneDog

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Pretty pretty pretty solid bounce back game. Man if that’s Matthews being sick, touch more door handles man. Unfortunately Charlie Lindgren decided to be elite only against Matthews.

McMann is for McReal. Good balance from top 2 lines. 4th line was effective. Nice to see Dewar get his first. Most of his goals are like that. Close to the net, hard working goals, we will need a couple of those in the playoffs. Reaves continues to show he can be effective in sheltered minutes or games. Some games we will need his physical presence. I think he makes that 4th line heavier and more effective on a cycle.

Good team defense but Brodie, Lyubushkin Giordano and Benoit were pretty good (best game for Brodie in a calendar year, (though he did get walked by Jensen). Poor McCabe got Subwayed® by OV. Nice to know Giordano can still step in and be effective. All these guys are going to see time if they go deep in the playoffs. We have good depth, I just hope Liljegren isn’t a 6 week injury.

If they can play like this without Rielly, let him get 100% and run with guys like Timmins and Gio to get their timing up to speed.

Woll was solid, but really didn’t face a lot of dangerous shots, the guys cleaned up scrambles in front of the net well.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Bertuzzi is going to make me miss him when he signs for too much money elsewhere. Glad he is playing well with the playoffs around the corner he could be a difference maker. Woll was solid , not liquid. Great signs.
I hope they can work something out but you’re most likely right and he’ll get paid.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I hope they can work something out but you’re most likely right and he’ll get paid.
From what I have seen, he is a 20-25 goal guy who can play physically but is so-so defensively. Some team will overpay him. I think we will be better off with a cheaper, more defensively responsible LWer who can chip in 15-20 goals or a #2 or #3 C IMO.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
From what I have seen, he is a 20-25 goal guy who can play physically but is so-so defensively. Some team will overpay him. I think we will be better off with a cheaper, more defensively responsible LWer who can chip in 15-20 goals or a #2 or #3 C IMO.
It’s the physicality that makes me want to keep him. Obviously not give him the moon but if they can make something work I’d be on board

Reactions: ToneDog

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Leafs MUST be able to utilize their drafted players.

Relying on summer signings every year is a failure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad