Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2 in a Shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine if Corrado's first game is as a forward.

Would laugh.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It was guerrilla warfare with Backes all night. Punches, cross-checks, dirty play at every turn. Kadri did well. I don't know how Backes gets away with it all.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
He had a rough game against the Blues and played in beast mode he whole game. I'm leaning towards Babs giving him a reward for his play and to let some of his bumps and bruises heal.

Reimer starts playing well and then disappears, Lupul playing well and disappears, Kadri playing well and disappears. Don't **** with Lou's vision.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Imagine if Corrado's first game is as a forward.

Would laugh.

I wonder if it has something to do with Kadri and Lupul both out of the line-up and he will play on the wing, then move Holland back to center.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Reimer starts playing well and then disappears, Lupul playing well and disappears, Kadri playing well and disappears. Don't **** with Lou's vision.

Haha
Lou, "That Kari kid is playing too good. I think it's time we give him the Robidas treatment!"

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

:laugh:

Maple Leafs 2015-2016: Play Well & Vanish.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Nothing about the Devs?

A team with a close to our level of talent (maybe more), who are doing exceptional. I think Hynes could beat Babcock for the Jack Adams.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nothing about the Devs?

A team with a close to our level of talent (maybe more), who are doing exceptional. I think Hynes could beat Babcock for the Jack Adams.

Elite level goaltending throughout the season, big seasons by Cammalleri and Henrique so far as well. Something the Leafs haven't received much this season, aside from when Reimer got red hot.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Who do you think starts tomorrow?

According to the Toronto Sun, the Toronto Maple Leafs will have Garret Sparks in net tomorrow against the New Jersey Devils.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/07/sparks-back-in-net-vs-devils-tuesday

The Leafs will have Garret Sparks in net and hope to have Nazem Kadri in full health as they meet the Devils Tuesday in former general manager Lou Lamoriello’s first meeting against the team he ran almost three decades.

Kadri joined injured goalie James Reimer and winger Joffrey Lupul in sick bay on Monday, suffering from what coach Mike Babcock called a bout of stomach flu that the centre came down with on Sunday evening.

“He’ll be ready to go tomorrow,” said Babcock, who moved idle seventh defenceman Frank Corrado to forward to balance the lines at practice.

Sparks will go for his third win in his first four NHL starts, after the most rewarding game of his call-up, Saturday’s 4-1 victory in St. Louis. After completing a three-game road trip on a winning note, the Leafs won’t play for a week after taking on the Devils, hence the emphasis on a positive result to take into the break.

“I thought we played really well in Minnesota (a 1-0 loss), probably better than in St. Louis to be honest,” said Babcock. “We had a long week and you want to have success before we have a week of practice. We just have to keep building on what we’re doing.”

Babcock said he’s getting to know Sparks a lot better and as such, feels more confident about putting the rookie into high-pressure situations. He’s experienced so much already, starting with his lone home game when he blanked the Oilers 3-0.

“In his second game (a 6-1 disaster in Winnipeg) he got off-kilter,” Babcock said. “Last game he got off-kilter right away (when the Blues scored early). But he got himself re-grouped and that’s probably the most impressive thing. He’s a big guy who seems to have a swagger about him and thinks he’s going to make the save. So if we play well in front of him, it will be positive."

“I’ve hardly talked to him, outside of ‘hello’ and ‘how are you?’ on purpose. I just leave him alone, don’t get in his way.”

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
This should be a very winnable game for the Buds. I mean its not like they're playing a road game against Dallas or St. Louis. ;)

Plus I bet Lou is itching to beat his former team.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
You do know that if Corrado wasn't sitting there waiting for an opportunity, the Leafs would have about four injured defencemen.

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
@dalter: Interesting development. Frankie Corrado is wearing a forward's practice jersey. He has yet to play a game this season.

lol

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see how well Gardiner can do as a forward. He's fast and slippery and I think he could be dangerous there. Gardiner - Foward Corrado takes his D spot. Alas, this is probably just wishful thinking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce