Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-1 - Marner extends the streak to 18

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
It feels extremely weird to have a goaltending tandem that can actually keep the Leafs in virtually every game that they played in minus the first game of the season when Murray was in net.

Kudos to both of them for having extremely excellent bounce back seasons. Yes, I realize it’s only a small sample size, but still deserve the kudos that they are getting.

Mitch Marner, what else can you say, always a consistent point producer, 18 game point streak to tie the Leafs record, he’s in good company.

Ugly game, but they played the most amount of games in the NHL, one regulation loss in the last 15 games, I don’t think I have a right to complain about anything, so I won’t.

Whats a tandem but 3?

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
So I guess Shanahan, Dubas and Keefe can keep their jobs for a few more games now? Do they still have to trade Engvall, Kerfoot and Holl? Are the Leafs still doomed to die in the first round of the playoffs?

Just wondering.

I worked late and didn't see much of the game, but I did enjoy what I saw. When I tuned in it was a 1-1 tie. It progressed well after that. It was very nice.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sammy would've been great too, but giving the kid a morale boost is a smart move. Ilya always seems confident.
I doubt that much thought is put into it. I imagine whoever had it last game passes it on.

So I guess Shanahan, Dubas and Keefe can keep their jobs for a few more games now? Do they still have to trade Engvall, Kerfoot and Holl? Are the Leafs still doomed to die in the first round of the playoffs?

Just wondering.

I worked late and didn't see much of the game, but I did enjoy what I saw. When I tuned in it was a 1-1 tie. It progressed well after that. It was very nice.
They can still move those 3 IMO.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
So happy to see Marner tie the record.

He needs something of his own, something where he isn’t competing with Matthews to be our #1. We need him to understand and lean into the fact that he’s already a Leafs legend and that he doesn’t have to chase it any more. When he gets distracted by the legacy, he flounders. When he is confident and cocky, he’s unstoppable.

Yeah I wrote paragraphs about why we should trade him. Still screamed when he scored that empty netter. Love this guy, huge W.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Can we stop with the injuries ...ffs

I cant remember the last time a goal was scored with holl on the ice ... feels like maybe 1 in 10 games .... unreal... give him the norris 😉

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
1669865893768.jpeg

Next up Vegas
Will be seeing you soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad