Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Game 7 won't be close. Boston has nothing left. The Leafs will get a couple of goals in the first and Boston will crumble from there. Probably ends 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs with a couple of empty net goals. The only question left to answer is whether Boston fires monty or keeps him.
Boston is exactly who we said they were. They could win the series, but they’re not a power house.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
One thing is for damn sure is that the B’s aren’t being held to 1 single PP at home in Game 7.

The key for me is the special teams battle. They cannot lose that and expect to win the game.

They’ve been shit all playoffs but if the PP and PK can find one game to pull their shit together and perform then that’s the ticket

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Game 7 won't be close. Boston has nothing left. The Leafs will get a couple of goals in the first and Boston will crumble from there. Probably ends 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs with a couple of empty net goals. The only question left to answer is whether Boston fires monty or keeps him.
Don't write them off. Silly to think this way. When you get to a game 7, the rest of the series doesn't matter. What came before is irrelevant. They are capable of playing better than they've shown recently.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We really didn’t outplay TB last year, felt a bit fortunate to win that series honestly. This series is already for me the best iteration of a playoff team this era, we literally have dominated them 5 on 5 for almost the whole series. Now just do something on the PP ffs, thanks.
Agreed. The way they've won these last 2 games is just something we've never seen from any of Dubas' teams.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I wrote this in the mains today. Let's flip the script Saturday night! GO LEAFS GO!

Crazy that this is the fourth straight Bruins-Leafs series to go the distance.

Even crazier are the similarities from 2013. I checked this morning.

Bruins built up a 3-1 series lead.

Game 5 2013: Leafs win 2-1 in Boston
Game 5 2024: Leafs win 2-1 in Boston

Game 6 2013: Leafs win 2-1 in Toronto
Game 6 2024: Leafs win 2-1 in Toronto

We all know what happened in Game 7 back in 2013. Tomorrow, we slay that demon once and for all.

Reactions: tom leafers

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Boston is exactly who we said they were. They could win the series, but they’re not a power house.
I think it's more than that. I think the Leafs have exposed Boston as being very short on talent.

Don't write them off. Silly to think this way. When you get to a game 7, the rest of the series doesn't matter. What came before is irrelevant. They are capable of playing better than they've shown recently.
That's nonsense that the rest of the series doesn't matter. Of course it does. The rest of the series has shown that Boston has virtually no even strength scoring. Most of game 7 will be played at even strength. It won't be close.

Reactions: Nineteen67 and Roo

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I wouldn't get too confident, Boston is a good team that hasn't played to their potential. Pasternak has been invisible, when he comes around they are a power house.
I have no idea who will win game 7, I hope that it's the Leafs.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Win/lose Saturday, this was an emberassing series for Boston lol leafs PP, Matthews/Nylander injuries, Keefe playing Sammy .... Pressures more on them.
GLG!!!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Last night was the loudest Leafs building I've sat in since the Sundin era.

It was non-stop in the third. What a special, special night. Still buzzing this morning.
Was at a neighbours watching and when Nylander scored my youngest daughter(17) looked across the room at me, shook her head and said "we should have been there". :laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Says the guy that praises Marner every time he farts.
Has nothing to do with Marner, weird response.

If you feel he's better than McDavid or Mackinnon, I guess that's an opinion

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
Bruins are playing better than most people think imo. They've had more dangerous chances and after the 1st period, the shots end up being pretty close which mean they're piling much more periods 2 and 3.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Keep same plan .. play defensively .. always play on defensive side of puck .. high and hard up wall or flip outs .. punish Bruins D with heavy hits on forecheck .. block shots .. keep winning wall battles to break Bruins cycle .. keep net front clear of bruins .. stay out of box .. let Woll see shots and box out others .. if we stay on same program then it is a coin flip in game 7 .. just don't break .. bruins may try to force things with their D and next game we must hurt them more .. Mccabe JT Domi and Mitch all got grade A chances to cut da throat because of bruin D pushes which backfired .. we likely need to convert 1 or more of those chances in game 7 .. Woll is a BIG GAME tender .. I have seen it over 15 years of watching him .. he can win a game a team has ZERO business winning but we don't want to resort to that level on road in game 7 .. swayman knows his lifetime record vs Woll so bruins coach may go Ullmark instead

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wouldn't get too confident, Boston is a good team that hasn't played to their potential. Pasternak has been invisible, when he comes around they are a power house.
I’ve watched quite a few of their games and I wouldn’t call them a power house. They are good, they have some talent, but they have relied on goaltending all year. I expect they’ll win on Saturday night because there won’t any missed calls.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
We really didn’t outplay TB last year, felt a bit fortunate to win that series honestly. This series is already for me the best iteration of a playoff team this era, we literally have dominated them 5 on 5 for almost the whole series. Now just do something on the PP ffs, thanks.
Bunting doesn't get enough credit for taking out Cernak with that dirty elbow, don't know that we'd pull out the series without that play.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Pasta has been invisible because the Leafs have been punishing him. The Bruins don't like getting hit as it's exposing their fake tough guy persona. If we play punishing hockey against them tomorrow we win.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Love the way this team has played the last 2 games. It’s also nice having a goalie that doesn’t give up a goal on every good chance. Only problem with this team still is the PP and scoring more than 2 goals a game. We’re going to need at least 3 on Saturday imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad