Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Q: What kind of Habs fan cheers for the f***ing Bruins?
A: a shitty one.

Sena fans I expect it because they just got done throwing drinks everywhere and it's salty up there

This. When Habbers are pulling for the Bruins, you know the world is f***ed.

Sens fans, well I guess they have to cheer for something. Not like their sorry ass team will see April action in the near future.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Against Florida the tone he sets will be outweighed by the defensive breakdowns he creates. The room for error against Florida will be smaller as, unlike Boston, they actually have offensive weapons.
Very true, Florida is a far better team than Boston.
We have dominated Boston at 5 on 5, that won't happen against Florida, and they will score on their power plays.
We have to fix our power play.

Reactions: ACC1224

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
this leafs club the way they played in this series, especially last 2 game, personally remembered me Pittsburgh penguins of 2015-2016.

Pittsburgh didn't won cup because of their high paid offensive foward, they won it because they play like a real team, they was extremely hard to play against, raised their gamr defensively in playoff to protect the front of the net with a rookie goale came out of nowhere and feeling like he's unbeatable with ( Murray). Both team didn't had best d group but was it was a group who was working hard.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
what's funny is that matthews has been out last 2 and marner has been dog shyt all series Lolol
playoffs just goes to show its all about the team coming together
In the playoffs, Marner needs to be on a line with 2 guys who can go to the dirty areas. Marner isn’t going to win the board battles, dump and chase or forecheck. He’s a rover, he needs to pick up the puck from chaos and keep it moving with a little space. Domi and Bertuzzi are chaos. No wonder it’s better away from Tavares.

This is proof that Matthews/Marner/Nylander can be in 3 different lines in the playoffs, with guys like Domi/Knies/etc. flanking them. When you put them together, there’s no sustainable chaos or dirty area play.

Domi plays exactly the way I envisioned a playoff rebuild. Blue collar. It only took 8 damn years for someone to push Marchand on his ass from our team. Keep this guy, he’s been playoff mentality all over.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Very true, Florida is a far better team than Boston.
We have dominated Boston at 5 on 5, that won't happen against Florida, and they will score on their power plays.
We have to fix our power play.
This is all true. I want to win game 7 before I start worrying about FLorida though. GLG!!

In the playoffs, Marner needs to be on a line with 2 guys who can go to the dirty areas. Marner isn’t going to win the board battles, dump and chase or forecheck. He’s a rover, he needs to pick up the puck from chaos and keep it moving with a little space. Domi and Bertuzzi are chaos. No wonder it’s better away from Tavares.

This is proof that Matthews/Marner/Nylander can be in 3 different lines in the playoffs, with guys like Domi/Knies/etc. flanking them. When you put them together, there’s no sustainable chaos or dirty area play.

Domi plays exactly the way I envisioned a playoff rebuild. Blue collar. It only took 8 damn years for someone to push Marchand on his ass from our team. Keep this guy, he’s been playoff mentality all over.
Domi would ideal as our next captain IMO. Matty would have to be OK with it but I think he would as he doesn't need all the crap that comes with the captaincy, Domi on the other hand would thrive in that role!

Reactions: Anthrax442

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Great team effort. Edmundson has been an absolute beast back there.

Hard forecheck, tenacious on the boards. These last 2 games although ugly, is playoff hockey.

Willy with the big goals.

Let’s take Game 7.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Domi and Bertuzzi are on the cusp of becoming Leafs legends if they start finishing.

Once or twice a game they team up to create a massive turnover behind Bruins net. Now they've expanded business to odd man rushes. Only drawback is hands of stone on the finish. Domi is most surprising. At that range he has elite accuracy but he's missing or not shooting.

Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

If they could only get all 3 of them in the lineup healthy for an extended time we could really see what's envisioned.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If they could only get all 3 of them in the lineup healthy for an extended time we could really see what's envisioned.
You might not remember, but we have actually seen this before. Not just once, but a number of times.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Well, this is typical Leafs... when there is no hope, they do this and then... crush you again.
My only fear is that Leafs usuall come out flat after big emotional games.
I mean, they didn't come out flat night after a big, emotional game and win in Boston.

Reactions: Jojalu

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
My only fear is that Leafs usuall come out flat after big emotional games.
I think we will get the exact same effort and determination as the last two games.
Could use some offense though. If the Bruins got that lucky bounce for the first goal the Leafs got last night, things could have been a lot different.

Nice to get the Goaltending though, big factor in this turnaround.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Nylander is the best o zone puck possession player in the league by far. I love how he uses his body and reach to protect the puck as he cycles around waiting for the perfect opportunity to pass or shoot. Nobody can get the puck from him when he has control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad