Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Knies has taken a massive step in his development in these 6 games.
Like I keep saying this guy BATTLES. Not putting up huge offenisve numbers, but everytime on the ice he's chasing and fighting for the puck everywhere the same as he's been doing for much of the season and last year's playoffs.

Also I've said it before that between Nylander and Marner that I'd prefer Nylander because of his game breaking ability that Marner hasn't showed so far. Yeah sometimes its frustrating to watch Nylander and sometimes he makes some uncharacteristic mistakes, but with his speed and skill he can win games for you like he did tonight. If he could cut down on some mistakes and show more effort and battle more consistently he would be a monster.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
What a shame to lose the shutout. But what another big game from woll. We’ll go as far as he’ll take us. Nylander with a big clutch game in the end. At this point should we want Mathew’s back for game 7?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
McCabe has been a defensive juggernaut back there. Other dmen playing well too. Woll, Willy, Knies and Domi great. Hope Mathews is feeling better for Saturday.
I’m not sure if we want matthews back right now. The team always rises to the occasion when one of the core 5 is missing. It seems when who ever is missing gets back the rest of the team goes back to coasting and half ass efforts

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I thought McCabe and Benoit were terrific. Bertuzzi and Domi warriors. Knies so strong smart and confident. Nylander produced. And most importantly, Woll incredible. Even Edmundson was terrific. Treliving knew what he was doing when he picked up some of these playoff performers.

Two players have to pick up their game , Rielly and Marner. Interesting how they’ve been here the longest and most identify with our failures.
I think Rielly has been good not great... We just haven't been doing too much offensively and our PP is trash. He's still logging big minutes (averaging like 25/game), efficiently moving the puck, and been solid defensively.

Hopefully Mitch has a big game 7, but it seems like he's really finding it difficult to skate hard on his edges post-injury... looks a lot less explosive start/stops which is key for his game in the o-zone when we have possession.

Reactions: Kurtz and Jojalu

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Didn't fold. Cannot question the commitment in the past two games.

McCabe for captain. One of the best games from a Leafs D that I've seen in recent memory.

Knies was knarly. Beast mode.

BIG Willy winner 🏆

Woll was wollunderful!

All unexpected.

PP is a tire fire. Yuck 🤢

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
These guys....
Seriously these guys....
Hate them, love em, Saturday is gonna be something else.
Most watched playoffs game this year (unless leafs make the finals)
Sunday is gonna sucks, daughters first communion... I've warned my wife already...
Gonna keep my satanic mantra up tho for Saturday.

Archangel, Dark Angel
Lend me thy light
Through death's veil
Till we have Stanley in sight

Gooood leeaafs gooo!!

Reactions: torontoblood

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think Rielly has been good not great... We just haven't been doing too much offensively and our PP is trash. He's still logging big minutes (averaging like 25/game), efficiently moving the puck, and been solid defensively.
I was gonna mention this is probably the weakest series we've seen Rielly play in awhile, normally he's one of our absolute best players in the playoffs. Even with that said, it's not like he's some liability out there, he's still munching minutes and not giving up much.

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
I’m not changing meh shorts till the Leafs win the cup. And I mean it this time.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Can we fire Guy Boucher between series even if we win? This is one of the most pathetic offensive runs in the history of the league.

Also, jesus Boston is bad if they lose to us with a 1% power play, or whatever it is.
Is he i charge of the PP? If so that is a dumb decision because he's always been known more for his defensive coaching style so idk why they'd put him in charge of the PP or offence if that's the case.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think winning this series saves Keefe's job no matter what happens in the second round.
I do too, which is disappointing given that he is not a Cup-winning coach in any way, shape or form.

But I can't ever root for the Leafs to lose a playoff game. I can't, even if in the long run it might be theoretically beneficial to do so. I might not like the players but I do like the jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad