Feb 27, 2010

IMG_0489.gif

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
First Star: W Styles
2nd Star: J Woll
3rd Star: M Knies

And there was Dewar, Kamph, Holmberg doing great stuff, Bert being Bert and ragging on Marchand, and Boosh and McCabe and Benoit, and really everybody was engaged. This was a team effort.

If Matthews comes back I'm still going:

Bert Domi Marner
Knies Tavares Nylander
Holmberg Matthews Jarnkrok
Dewar Kamph Gregor

Domi and Tavares lines are doing well, Kamph and his line had a very strong effort tonight, Matthews could feast against the 3rd line of Boston. If only McMann were available.

Reactions: ashs

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Imagine if Nylander didn't score that 2nd goal and the Bruins somehow still score that 0.1 second goal. OMG I WOULD'VE HAD A MELTDOWN!

Lucky win is lucky win. Woll was solid and made some key saves. Nylander had a lucky goal and a sweet ass goal. Marner still largely invisible. Leafs offense is barely existent. The best thing is that the Leafs defense looked pretty good for much of the game.
Cowan's missed empty netter played on endless doom scroll

Oh well Swede superstar bailing out the Leafs, it's tradition.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Nylander with a 2 goal night. The guy is absolutely clutch in elimination scenarios. I don't give a shit how cold he is in the regular season, if he can do shit like this in the playoffs then I'm all for it.

Also 0.1 seconds from a shutout. Hot damn! Hopefully Woller doesn't take that personally.

On to game 7 lets exorcise these demons!

GO LEAFS GO

If anything should only inspire him more to try for a shutout next game

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'm going to take a small bit of credit for being right about what would happen when the leafs went down 3-1. Now that it's 3-3, I don't think game 7 will be a test at all. I don't think it will be close. Boston is, as you say, broken. Monty has no one left to outsmart. He is being outcoached by the guy everyone here hates. It's over.

Game 7 will be a 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs win.
No offense but you predict wins all the time lol.

The pressure is on the Bruins. If we lose, Keefe is gone and there are some big decisions to make, so that will be an interesting offseason, so that's at least something. If we win, Montgomery is done like dinner and the Bruins have some massive soul-searching to do. There is a huge hole in that locker room without Chara and to a lesser extent Bergeron IMO.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Could also upset what they have going on which is an actual, honest to goodness team effort.

Unless he's in good enough shape to REALLY contribute don't put him in.

This is a very good point. Maybe they should leave the 1st 2 lines as is and replace Robertson with him on the 3rd line? That could be a strategy of limiting disruption

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Can you imagine we get a healthy Matthews back and have the whole team playing like this? I pray we get that chance just finish the job on Saturday

Reactions: Forgotusername
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad