Friedman: Leafs will factor McDavid into their future cap planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I can see it if Toronto finds success and Edmonton doesn't, otherwise I think he stays in Edmonton. A top 6 of McDavid, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander would be nasty though.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Of course just like Stamkos. This is why people hate Leaf fans.
Stamkos gave the Leafs a meeting following a year where Tampa made the ECF and was one year removed from the SCF vs the Leafs finishing last overall. The only other team that got a meeting that year was San Jose who had just made their own Cup Final.

He didn't end up signing but the fact that he even considered it means that the Leafs were right to prepare for it as a possibility.

If the Leafs have cap space they are a credible threat to sign any big name free agent from Southern Ontario.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian McDavid

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Matthews to Arizona in 2024 then McDavid to Toronto in 2026.

This is the way

Matthews will never be in Arizona playing for the team.

He may leave, but it's New York, LA teams like that, teams that can actually afford him, and I'm not talking about cap space I'm talking about cash.

Teams with cash don't need to play in front of about 3500 fans when you factor in seat removal so they can install lockers.

Otherwise it's 5000 which is still pathetic for an NHL arena

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
On 32 thoughts....interesting.

“The Leafs will factor Connor McDavid into their long term cap plans.”

“Oilers should be wary of the Leafs, especially in the cap situation there currently in.”

“Leafs are going to go all out in pursuing Connor McDavid.”
The arrogance of Leafs fans never ceases to amaze me. They haven't won a playoff series since 2004. You'd think that they would have developed a bit of humility after these 18 years of abject failure but nope! nadda. Zilch.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
After a deep run this year I don't think he's likely to leave, but there's lots of time for Edmonton to suck again

McDavid and Matthews would like reallllll good together. Matthews would likely get 75+ goals and McDavid 150+ points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad