OT: Leafs vs Wings - EPIX Road to the Centennial Classic - Mod Warning post 1

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
If you close your eyes, Blashill sounds exactly like Babcock. They could be twins. It's like Detroit lost Herb (with a little more hair) and got Homer (little less hair).

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Seeing Matthews hunched over with his hands buried in his hair at his stall after our loss vs SJ made me sad. The kid really really cares, so glad to have him.

Anyone know when episode 2 is?

edit: and holy **** Smith is JACKED :laugh:

Last edited:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
"Get PISSED OFF and compete" - Mike Babcock.

Love that ****.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Seeing Matthews hunched over with his hands buried in his hair at his stall after our loss vs SJ made me sad. The kid really really cares, so glad to have him.

Anyone know when episode 2 is?

edit: and holy **** Smith is JACKED :laugh:

Its on in the us on fridays at 10pm est. and in Canada the following monday.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
What I like about this series this year is that you get to see how three other successful franchises are run. Granted STL hasn't won anything, you can draw comparisons between these three teams and how Toronto can/has implemented into their organization...

Some random thoughts from the episode:

1) Doesn't look like Blashill addresses the team after games.
2) I really liked how Zetterberg closes the doors and addressed his team.
3) You could really see how Backes was a heart and soul captain for STL and I feel like they are still missing that.
4) Scott Darling is awesome.

Mad Brills*

For the next 3 weeks, yes.

Final one will be on the 7th as a classic recap.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Anybody catch the part where all the girls wanted a picture with Nylander and none of them cared about Marner, Matthews, Hyman? :laugh:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Anybody catch the part where all the girls wanted a picture with Nylander and none of them cared about Marner, Matthews, Hyman? :laugh:

It's in this vid, near the end. I also laughed when they were talking with Santa. "Bring 'er right in"

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Red Wings fan here. Haven't watched an episode. How's it been for a Red Wings POV despite the terrible team? More so, off ice.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Red Wings fan here. Haven't watched an episode. How's it been for a Red Wings POV despite the terrible team? More so, off ice.

I've been watching the Leaf edits for the most part, but I did catch Hank cussing everyone out at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad