Apr 6, 2016

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
snoop-arsenio-interview.jpg

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm not sure if this is an off topic thread or not since it does have to do with the leafs but anyways i saw this on the tsn website and thought it might be an odd but interesting story

http://www.tsn.ca/snoop-dogg-in-legal-fight-with-mlse-over-marijuana-product-line-1.512291

sounds like the leafs and snoop are going to court over his trademarking of "leafs by snoop" cannabis products and the logo. i think it is actually pretty close to looking like the leafs logo lol.

Maybe they settle in court to use it as a 3rd Jersey. :)

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Just when I start to think that the Leafs are the good guys again....

IMO they are in the right and it's not "The Leafs" it's MLSE and they are right to file, logo and name are very similar. Whether they win or not I have know idea, but they aren't the bad guys for this.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
They're probably just worried about people googling "Leafs" and getting a bunch of weed products instead of them, more than anything else.

A smaller outfit would totally get away with it, but it's Snoop, so if it's successful at all it'd be big enough to cause them grief over it.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
When the reporter said "they're gonna have two grounds if they can actually make an argument on this one" I thought he said "they're gonna have two grams"

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
snoop is a leafs fan too, isnt he?

I know ive seen him rocking some gear.

I think he's a ducks fan. Like a lot of entertainers, he puts on team jerseys when he's in that city. You can find him wearing a Canadiens jersey on the internet too.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Well if things work out next season, maybe the 'buds' will have a playoff game April 20th...Snoop could rap the anthem.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Leafs are shortsighted here. Chance to cross market with a whole new demographic

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Leafs are shortsighted here. Chance to cross market with a whole new demographic

Top end sports and drugs don't mix, period.

Even if it made them a billion dollars, they still wouldn't associate themselves with such a product line.

As much as I wouldn't mind it..

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
im not sure you can actually advertise for weed products considering that it would technically fall under the no advertising for smoking law. this is from the government website

obacco Advertising, Promotion and Sponsorship: Most forms of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship are prohibited, with a few limited exceptions. Tobacco products may be advertised at adult-only venues and through direct mail to named adults. In addition, cross-border advertising is not restricted. Although sponsorship by the tobacco industry is not completely prohibited, publicity of the sponsorship is prohibited.

I know weed is not tobacco but you would think once its legalized, it would still fall under the smoking advertising ban otherwise it opens up a lawsuit by tobacco companies about them not being allowed to advertise but cannabis companies are. so no ads on jerseys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad