GDT: Leafs vs Sharks @ 7:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Carolina held them to within a goal and we are a different Leafs team as should be clear to everyone by now.

Also, a bit of luck has to start going our way at some point.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Third game in four nights against a Stanley Cup hopeful? The boys are in for a tough game tonight, but winning would be the Leafy thing to do after losing to basement-dwelling Colorado on Sunday night. Looking for a good game from Marner.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpg

Game day: San Jose Sharks at Toronto Maple Leafs

The Sharks’ Brent Burns led the NHL in shots on goal through Sunday, averaging 4.3 a game

By Dave FeschukSports Columnist
Mon., Dec. 12, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/12/12/game-day-san-jose-sharks-at-toronto-maple-leafs.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: Tuesday, 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

Radio: TSN 1050

KEY MATCHUP

Brent Burns, Sharks, vs. Toronto’s defence.

Though he’s listed as a defenceman, Burns is one of the NHL’s best generators of offence. Coming into Monday’s games he led the league in shots on goal, averaging 4.3 a game. To put that in perspective, Burns’s 120 shots on goal this season are more than double the production of Toronto’s most offensively inclined defenceman, Morgan Rielly. Rielly has been credited with 59 shots on goal. Burns’s 12 goals, meanwhile, put him tops among defenceman and tied for 12th among all players. Now age 31, last month Burns signed an eight-year contract extension worth about $8 million a season.

NEED TO KNOW

Before allowing two goals on four short-handed chances in Sunday’s 3-1 loss to the Avalanche, Toronto’s penalty kill had been a perfect 16-for-16 in six previous games. Going into Monday it ranked ninth in the league at 84 per cent … Toronto’s power play failed to score in five 5-on-4 opportunities on Sunday, registering its lone goal on a 5-on-3 chance. It’s a cold 2-for-14 in the month of December, 23rd in the league over that span.

UP NEXT

Thursday vs. Arizona, 7:30 p.m.

Game Day: Sharks at Maple Leafs
By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/13/game-day-sharks-at-maple-leafs

SAN JOSE SHARKS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Tuesday, 7:30 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: TSN4; Radio: 1050 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Brent Burns vs. Nikita Zaitsev

A couple of minute-munchers show their stuff, though Burns is also the Sharks’ leading scorer with 12 goals and had five points against the Leafs in two San Jose wins last season. Zaitsev has been a quiet success story for the Leafs (if that’s possible in Toronto), teamed with Morgan Rielly. It’s going to be a World Cup reunion along with a few others who played at the ACC tournament a few months ago.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Carolina held them to within a goal and we are a different Leafs team as should be clear to everyone by now.

Also, a bit of luck has to start going our way at some point.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Carolina are a good(boring) defensive minded team, we most certainly are not. I think we will be in this game maybe a 1 goal loss but I don't think they will blow us out

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Carolina are a good(boring) defensive minded team, we most certainly are not. I think we will be in this game maybe a 1 goal loss but I don't think they will blow us out

We have 27 points in 27 games.

Carolina has 28 points in 28 games.

They're good and we're not?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
1297907726876_ORIGINAL.jpg

Defenceman Brent Burns leads the San Jose Sharks in goals with 12, and his 25 points is tied for top spot on the team. (MICHAEL REAVES/Getty Images)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Well we are top 5 in scoring, you saying we are good defensively? My point was it is more likely a boring d first team can hold a real good, an offense first team who doesn't score what do they do then?

Edit I said good d team not a good team also

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Well we are top 5 in scoring, you saying we are good defensively? My point was it is more likely a boring d first team can hold a real good, an offense first team who doesn't score what do they do then?

IDK a 7 goal 3-4 loss to the Sharks doesn't sound all that boring to me, although I didn't see it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
IDK a 7 goal 3-4 loss to the Sharks doesn't sound all that boring to me, although I didn't see it.

The score doesn't really change the teams game plan it may mean their game plan failed in that game. Carolina plays a d first style that is their game plan.

Anyway I forgot the point of why we are going back and forward on this so I'll just change and agree with you

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
The score doesn't really change the teams game plan it may mean their game plan failed in that game. Carolina plays a d first style that is their game plan.

Anyway I forgot the point of why we are going back and forward on this so I'll just change and agree with you

My point was with our offence and a bit of luck, we can win this game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

did he say that?
Walshy said that Carolina is more defensive minded -that's how they win and why they held the Sharks at bay. That's not us. It could be an adventure.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Also, good boring defensive teams, tend to not have a negative goal differential. Theirs is worse than ours.

So if they are a defence first team, they definitely aren't a good one.

They are 12th. for goals against, Leafs are 22nd. in one less game.
They are 24th. for goals for, Leafs are 13th. in one less game.
They are 21st. in differential, Leafs are 18th.

Leafs -5
'Canes -7

Neither team is good, but their strength's lie on opposite side of the puck.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
They are 12th. for goals against, Leafs are 22nd. in one less game.
They are 24th. for goals for, Leafs are 13th. in one less game.
They are 21st. in differential, Leafs are 18th.

Leafs -5
'Canes -7

Neither team is good, but their strength's lie on opposite side of the puck.

Here is what I was trying to say, said more succinctly

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Wonder if Marner gets off the 4th line and back to his normal spot. Would like to see a multi point game for him and Matthews tonight!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
he and Frankie started decorating it for Christmas now. there's a little tree and everything. They might invest in a Kuerig too.

Keurig? it will be a business expense so they will go up to a nespresso if they are buying it themselves yeah Keurig sure, maybe even a tassimo save those $$$ they will need them.

Also did anyone else know you can pay to sleep at the ACC? its like a box and has a bed in it, unfortunately you have to call to find out the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad