GDT: Leafs vs Sens 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Big game tonight chasing Ottawa and a playoff spot. A regulation win puts us in a tie for points for the last wild card spot with plenty of games in hand.

Mcelhinney getting his first start for the Leafs.

Hoping Marner gets a point tonight to put him on a half season pace of 70 pts, and when I suggested he could do this before the season started people were laughing at me :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hoping McBackup does well. Would be nice to see our backup position finally solidified.

Win tonight would be massive.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Maple Leafs Practice: Curtis McElhinney - January 12, 2017

Curtis McElhinney stops 39 shots in Blue Jackets win - Dec 29, 2015

CBJ vs. DAL - Dec 29, 2015: Full Game Highlights

:laugh:

Last edited:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Shilton reporting that she heard from a good source that Sparks has been recalled by the Leafs, and Marlies just signed Taylor Dupuis.

Is Andersen or Mc injured?

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
I think Ottawa's luck is about to vanish. I said in the summer I expected the Leafs to finish above Buffalo, Detroit and Ottawa and I see no reason why at this point in time to change my mind (just didn't expect Florida and Tampa to be catchable)

Of course as with all teams we play from Canada we play a back to back while the other team is rested. Won't matter this game

Leafs 6 Senaturds 1

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Toronto Maple Leafs at Ottawa Senators: Saturday NHL preview
Erik Karlsson and the Sens host Leafs in all-Atlantic Division battle.

By Mark ZwolinskiSports reporter
Fri., Jan. 13, 2017

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...-at-ottawa-senators-saturday-nhl-preview.html

CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE

FACEOFF: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

KEY PLAYERS

Rielly/Karlsson

A meeting between two top offensive-minded defenceman. Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson will play in his fifth NHL all-star game and leads the Senators in points (34), assists (27) and average ice time (27:06, though a season-low 21:36 in a big win over Pittsburgh on Thursday). He has also embraced coach Guy Boucher’s defensive game plan, the key to the Senators’ rise in the Atlantic Division. Leaf Morgan Rielly had 16 assists in 39 games heading into Friday night, but just one goal.

NEED TO KNOW

Both clubs are in the playoff hunt in the Atlantic Division. . . . The Senators need to get more from big winger Bobby Ryan, benched recently for undisclosed reasons. Ryan, Ottawa’s highest-paid player at $7.25 million, has eight goals and seven assists in 34 games and is off the top power-play unit, where Kyle Turris and Mark Stone have started to click. Ryan had four 30-goal seasons in Anaheim and posted 22 last season with the Senators. … Goalie Mike Condon, acquired from the Penguins in November, has started the past five games. . . . The Sens are a very respectable 13-6-4 on home ice.

UP NEXT

Tuesday vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7:30 p.m.

Game Day: Maple Leafs at Senators
By Mike Zeisberger, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/01/14/game-day-maple-leafs-at-senators

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS at OTTAWA SENATORS

Saturday, 7 p.m., Canadian Tire Centre,

TV: CBC; Radio: 590 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Auston Matthews vs. Erik Karlsson

Karlsson is a two-time winner of the Norris Trophy, but he certainly didn’t look like one of the league’s top defencemen when Matthews blew by him en route to his second of four goals during opening night in October. No matter what kind of matchup Sens coach Guy Boucher plans for Matthews since Ottawa has the last change, Karlsson is a minutes-gobbler who, sooner or later, will face the Leafs rookie. Let’s see how it works out this time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope McBackup isn't seriously hurt, but thankfully it's not Andersen.

Guess Sparks is starting tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad