GDT: Leafs vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Interesting. Three potential graduates from the Marlies system potentially forming the fourth line. Anderson and McMann provide the forechecking while Holmberg plays a safe 200ft game. Could be a solid cheap line.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Marlie line! I have no strong feelings about Anderson potentially replacing ZAR for this game since I generally deem that to be the former's lot on this playoff bound team - a bottom six forward that draws in sporadically.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Getting all these younger 4th line players time is fine. The more NHL experience they get the better. When they need to jump into the lineup they will be more comfortable. Is ZAR a player that might be more prominent in an intense short playoff series? Over a long season he seems rather pedestrian. Dunno. Would like someone forechecks like a young Clutterbuck on the 4th line. Big, solid D and not afraid to hit.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I have no problem giving Anderson another look. I didn't feel like he deserved to be sent down last time, but McMann has outplayed him so hopefully that will motivate him to step it up as well.

But again, whose dog did Steeves run over

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I thought ZAR was fine; this seems a bit odd. But meh....

Whats interesting to me is that there is no rumbling of trades on the trade forum; seems quite quiet; this is a new for me.

I guess all the sports channels are happy they will have something to talk about on the TDL :laugh:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
1674583046362.png

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
But again, whose dog did Steeves run over
Can anyone who follows the Marlies provide any insight here? Are they keeping Steeves focused on a development plan they don't want to interrupt? Does he not translate to the NHL? Does he not have an NHL contract? Is he actually a robot and ineligible to play in the NHL? Is he really a bunch of squirrels dressed up like a hockey player? WHAT IS IT?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Can anyone who follows the Marlies provide any insight here? Are they keeping Steeves focused on a development plan they don't want to interrupt? Does he not translate to the NHL? Does he not have an NHL contract? Is he actually a robot and ineligible to play in the NHL? Is he really a bunch of squirrels dressed up like a hockey player? WHAT IS IT?
Looking at this page, there is nary a mention of the Soo or the Greyhounds

1674589870093.png

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Steeves has been a very good PP player for us, but they've been outscored badly when he's on the ice 5v5.

1674590711892.png

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This feels an awful lot like looking at who are viable bottom 6 players we can win with.

Dubas does his major deals before TDL, end of January/early-mid February.

Feels like he and Keefe want to know their options, and it feels like Kerfoot and/or Engvall are options to be moved, particularly Kerfoot lately.

Maybe something, probably nothing but it sure seems like an awful lot of "let's see what we have here" tinkering.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This feels an awful lot like looking at who are viable bottom 6 players we can win with.

Dubas does his major deals before TDL, end of January/early-mid February.

Feels like he and Keefe want to know their options, and it feels like Kerfoot and/or Engvall are options to be moved, particularly Kerfoot lately.

Maybe something, probably nothing but it sure seems like an awful lot of "let's see what we have here" tinkering.

Did they get a band aid on Kerfoots stick last night?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Can we give this kid a proper chance now?
Anderson-Holmberg-McMann could be interesting

I don’t know
I really like this kid and have been pulling for him and Steeves and Bobby and everyone else that has been given chances , and in his case , over the last couple years .
Unfortunately he hasn’t really done much , it’s been limited but he really has been a non factor
I hope he grabs this one and runs with it like Bobby has .
GLG

horner

May 22, 2007
Interesting. Three potential graduates from the Marlies system potentially forming the fourth line. Anderson and McMann provide the forechecking while Holmberg plays a safe 200ft game. Could be a solid cheap line.
Anderson needs to get involved physically hitting.
Love McMann and Holmberg

Reactions: TMLAM34

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I feel like it'll be a lot closer than that game. Rangers are a good team I think. Shesterkin is also a great goalie so it'll be interesting to see how the boys battle tonight.
Do we know the Goalies yet? Shesterkin played Monday so I think we can assume he's playing.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
May be imaging it but it seems like the Leafs tend to struggle against the Rangers.

I do remember going to the Cullens car lot many times as a kid.
I wouldn't say they've been great against them from what I can remember the past few years but I think they've won a couple.

I found some page online... looks like we're 2-5 against them since 2020... not sure about OT losses though.

Still would be nice to see the Leafs beat them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad