GDT: Leafs vs Preds - 8PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Andy is playing like Andy. Inconsistent as hell. This is what he's always been.

It all comes down to whether we get a composed performance out of him or whether Mr. Game 7 shows up as demonstrated below:

First time I've watched the highlights of this game and just look at the 2nd and 4th goal he gives up. Same type of backbreakers. Bottomline, we need to stop wasting time and find a real starter ASAP

The goalie who has the mosts consitant sv% in his career is inconsitent? Or do you mean game to game? Beacuse thats all goalies.

Reactions: rubous

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
How many players on this team were in the Blue and White after the last break, or the break before, or event the one before that? What some players in a blue and white sweater did in previous seasons has little to no barring on this team. Predicting them to have a poor showing based on what Ron Hainsey, Josh Lievo, Nazem Kadri, Par Lindholm, Patrike Marleau, Nikita Zaitsev, Tyler Ennis, Jake Garinder or Connor Brown did is pretty ridiculous.

They are no more likely to play poorly then any other team in the league.

Agree 100%. I was going to say something like this but I'm a bit rushed today.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Strap yourselves in boys and girls, it's going to be a mad rush to April. I think we can do this if we get off on the right foot tonight. The next 5 games are all winnable with a little effort and Andersen discovering his game.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
We all talk about statement game quite a bit.

Well.. This is one. This team is hit or miss historically in these games. We lost the last statement game in Florida, and then again in Chicago, and had to sit and listen to how screwed we are the whole break.

Now we are out of the playoffs. Time for a game that shows that we are a playoff team.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Strap yourselves in boys and girls, it's going to be a mad rush to April. I think we can do this if we get off on the right foot tonight. The next 5 games are all winnable with a little effort and Andersen discovering his game.

For all Leaf nation's sake let's hope it is a mad rush to April 1st and not to March 1st or earlier.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
IMO this game is more of a must win for Nashville than the Leafs. Leafs better expect Nashville to come out hungry or this could be another Florida, who knew the importance of that game and were ready.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
So glad to get Muzzin back.

Anyone hear what line they're gonna slot Moore in on? Assuming it's the 4th line but I'm curious to see how he'd do on one of the top 3 lines

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Its exciting have some players back but the real difference tonight will be marincin not playing. Huge boost lol

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
There probably will be a moment of silence before the game to honor Kobe and the 9 other lives that were lost.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Somehow convince Matthews it's a home game and we got a shot.
I knew it was bad but didnt know it was this bad:

GP,G,A, +/-, Shots, S%, PPG, PPA
Home: 25, 27, 12, +14, 116, 23.3%, 6, 3
Away: 24, 7, 11, +0, 79, 8.9%, 3, 5

Strangest part is he similar on the PP away (most of his production on the PP away) but orders of magnitude better at 5 on 5 at home.

Biggest stat that jumps out to me is in 24 away games Matthews has scored only 4 goals at ES while at home he has put up 21 ES goals in 25 games....

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Strangest part is he similar on the PP away (most of his production on the PP away) but orders of magnitude better at 5 on 5 at home.

Biggest stat that jumps out to me is in 24 away games Matthews has scored only 4 goals at ES while at home he has put up 21 ES goals in 25 games....
It's just a weird coincidence rather than something that's bad. Every other season he's had more road goals than home goals

Reactions: Merrrlin

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Away teams have the last change, so maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe opponents can deploy their defensive system against Matthews better by having the last change (in lines)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad