GDT: Leafs vs Panthers // Thurs, April 10 @ 7:30pm // LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
Leafs @ Panthers - Sunset in Sunrise

1549292_10101821746572550_841795714_n.jpg

This was my view of the sunrise on Cocoa Beach a couple hours north of Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. Though the sunrise was beautiful, this trip was supposed to reach its pinnacle tonight as I drive from Key West back up to Sunrise, Florida to watch our Leafs against the Panthers. Unfortunately the game in Sunrise most certainly feels more like the sunset on such a frustrating season for Leafs fans. Two months ago when I bought the tickets the team was at the top of the Eastern conference. We can only hope that MLSE makes some big changes to ensure this team stays competitive and actually reaches their potential.

Nonetheless, let's cheer for our boys and hopefully get a win tonight. Correction, let's win this one for Phil Kessel. He's taken on a lot of the heat willingly and I think we all know that he is the least of the problems on this team. #KillforPhil

----

Not sure what the lines will be for either team with injuries and such so mods feel free to add them in when they are confirmed as I'm hitting the road for a 5 hour drive to the game.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Kessel nets 13, surprising us all hitting the 50 goal mark.

Best case scenario - we lose 14-13.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am changing my stance.

If Drew (if rumoured) gets his first career start - I want the Leafs to win. :nod: He doesn't deserve to lose his first career start. I want Ashton to FINALLY get his goal.

I'm good with Kessel lighting up the Sens on Saturday for 38-39-40.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I am changing my stance.

If Drew (if rumoured) gets his first career start - I want the Leafs to win. :nod: He doesn't deserve to lose his first career start. I want Ashton to FINALLY get his goal.

But Daisy, we could get the 6th overall pick!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I am changing my stance.

There's the Daisy we know - that being said I'll probably watch the Jays game at the same time

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
But Daisy, we could get the 6th overall pick!

....yes. but. Drew deserves a win.
if there was a way he could win and we could pick 6th overall. I'd take it. I mean, don't get me wrong, if Drew doesn't start, then yah whatever. :laugh:

There's the Daisy we know - that being said I'll probably watch the Jays game at the same time

:laugh: there's been a lot of concerned people messaging me about "what's wrong?" I think - I'm allowed to be grumpy and mourn the crappy demise of the team ;) :laugh: and i won't lie - I'll be grumpy (and weepy) In June - but yeah, I'm fine.

I've never missed a game under my control - so I'm gonna watch this.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hey, Leaf players, just another 'who cares' day at the office. Go ahead, underwhelm us, as per usual! :p:

You bunch of LAZY, GOOD FOR NOTHING, bums! :banghead:

Yup, I MAD! :rant:

And, EMBARRASSED! :baghead:

And, a little SAD! :cry:

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I want a huge game from Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Clarkson

I want a terrible game from Phaneuf, perhaps he could directly be responsible for three or four goals himself, perhaps he bats it into the net for a couple own goals.

I'd like us to lose, but I'd like to see a spark from some guys.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So what! They'll just draft the WRONG player anyways! :rant:

yes. because. you know. Morgan Rielly. horrendous pick. :laugh:
you may not like the player that the scouting staff gets all the time, but to continuously say they pick 'wrong' all the time isn't fair either.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Pre season has already started.

Non Playoff teams. Fighting for new contracts and roles. it's on Leafs TV

I still can't believe the season ended the way it did.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
....yes. but. Drew deserves a win.
if there was a way he could win and we could pick 6th overall. I'd take it. I mean, don't get me wrong, if Drew doesn't start, then yah whatever. :laugh:

Yeah that's fair. Drew has had a long, hard road to get to this point and I couldn't agree more that he deserves that first NHL win

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Looks as though Petter Granberg is being called up.

For those that have watched more Marlies games than I have, how's he been? I know of the hype.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks as though Petter Granberg is being called up.

For those that have watched more Marlies games than I have, how's he been? I know of the hype.

I thought they had used all their call ups?

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I thought they had used all their call ups?

I thought so too.

Must be an "emergency" injury replacement?

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·8m
Leafs not skating this morning, but ... Petter Granberg's equipment, sticks have arrived at BB&T Center; appears he's been called up

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought so too.

Must be an "emergency" injury replacement?

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·8m
Leafs not skating this morning, but ... Petter Granberg's equipment, sticks have arrived at BB&T Center; appears he's been called up

It has to be an emergency recall. Looks like one of the defenders is injured and just calling it now.

Too ****ing late really. They should have called him up 2 weeks ago if there was an injury. I have no idea why players on this team are playing injured when it's clear they are playing terrible.

Looks like I might have to check it out simply to see how he does. Hopefully Carlyle doesn't go all Ashton on him though.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Is there even a point to watch this game? What is there to look forward to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad