Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-Edmonton Oilers: Monday game preview

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Sun Nov 29 2015

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050 Toronto

Key matchup:Taylor Hall vs. Hunwick/Rielly.

Hall has been one of the few bright spots for the Oilers, who are on a season-high five game road trip. He has one point in the first four games of this trip but had points in 11 of 13 prior to that. He will present a handful to the Leafs’ top D-pair of Matt Hunwick and Morgan Rielly.

Below level: Their five-game trek wraps up Monday in Toronto. The Oil beat Pittsburgh in overtime Saturday to snap a three-game losing streak. They have 14 losses and are seven games below .500, which represents a long climb to make it back to the playoffs. If the Oilers do not make the post-season, it would mark their 10th straight season without playing a post-season game, matching an NHL record.

Hurting: Injuries have been a factor for Edmonton: Connor McDavid is out with a shoulder injury; Jordan Eberle missed the first month with a shoulder injury and is not up to his usual form; and Justin Schultz was activated Saturday after missing 14 games with a back injury.

The Next One: McDavid, who had five goals and seven assists in 13 games before being hurt, has been rehabbing in Toronto. He will rejoin the team Monday and is scheduled to speak with the media at Monday’s morning skate.

Up next: Wednesday, at Winnipeg, 7:30 p.m., Sportsnet.

Watch The #TMLtalk Game Day Skate
The #TMLtalk Game Day Skate returns TODAY from 10:30AM - 12PM on Leafs TV and streaming here live as the Leafs host the Edmonton Oilers. WATCH NOW

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/v2/ext/live/index.html

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Oilers in Town tonight & Sparks guaranteed will Fly.

Hey, today is game day and cyber Monday.

Toronto enters tonight's game with 19 points and last in the East verses Edmonton with 18 points and last in the West.

Auston Matthews might tune in to see who wins. ;)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope Sparks can have a good outing. He's been very good since turning pro. Injuries have slowed him down but I think he's got potential to be our backup next year.

He's following the footsteps of James Reimer.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
So glad we finally get to see a new face in net

Unfortunately for Leaf Nation we don't get to see Connor McDavid tonight in what would have been his return home.

Good for Leafs winning ability odds but weakens the entertainment potential odds of what could have been the NHL talk of the day.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Nice first test for Sparks. A team we have a VERY good chance at beating, but still with offensive talent that will have Sparks working and showcasing what he's got.

Bound to be a good game. Shame there's no McDavid.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I see what's going on here...

Sparks plays well - maybe the Oilers catch on and will be interested in trading for him

Bernier not playing - Oilers don't see how rough he's been lately in person, and still may have strong interest in trading for him

Brilliant.

:naughty:

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
For the Oilers this is a very winnable game too.

Oh it is. But, having watched a lot of both teams this year... I think Toronto takes this. Sparks will need to rise to the challenge and we'll have to contain the Oilers. But they are a team that tires quickly, and tends to start playing desperate and sometimes even look like they are giving up.

In other words we need that all important first goal.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

lol that lineup. :cry:

any team that dresses a lineup like this deserves Matthews.

none of the bottom teams deserve Matthews as bad as we do :(
Edmonton = mcdavid, hall, nuge, yakupov, eberle
Calgary = monohan, bennet, gudreau, brodie, Hamilton
Colorado = varlamov, mackinnon, Duchene, barrie, landeskog
columus = bobo, ryjo, jenner, murray, saad

we have jvr, kadri, rielly and gardiner

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm really starting to dislike these lines.

Parenteau, Grabner, Froese, and Boyes all suck.

Spaling would be fine as a 4th line center... but he's an offensive black hole on the 3rd line.

We basically only have 1 line where all the players are legit NHLs... and I'm not really sold on the Kadri - JVR chemistry.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Isn't that pretty normal? I thought last year there were some games with 60+ scouts nearing the trade deadline

Usually a handful is normal. Over 20 for a game before the month of December is not.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Got to love it..! Wished we would have seen Bibeau played up here earlier, too.., but I'm happy to see Babs go with Sparks for this game.. and give everyone a good look at him.. He deserves it..

Hoping for a great first NHL game win..., for Sparks.. and for a good effort by the whole team, to rack up some goals for him...!

Leafs Rock Oilers! Reimer Shutout - TML

...and a new one for (as Todd just referred to him as above)... "Sparky" LOL! :laugh::yo:

Sweet & Wild: Garret Sparks 2014 & 2015 Extended Highlights - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad