Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
We have a tough couple of days ahead of us. I think we'll have a hard time sweeping. But we have to win the first one before we can get out the brooms. I think that we beat Tampa. Florida on a back to back? I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Obviously I'd love to win both but I'll take a 1-1 split here. Sweeping the set is asking for a lot against two top teams on a b2b

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We have a tough couple of days ahead of us. I think we'll have a hard time sweeping. But we have to win the first one before we can get out the brooms. I think that we beat Tampa. Florida on a back to back? I'm not so sure. Thoughts?
Need to beat Tampa. Lose and we might get swept IMO.

Reactions: Ciao

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
At least the team were directly competing with is for seeding is game 1 of the b2b hope for 4 pts. Be Damn satisfied with 3, 2 isn’t a total shame either, these are good teams. At least these guys play up to competition

Reactions: supermann_98

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Meh, why is there this downer attitude of defeatism? Florida and Tampa are no better than the Leafs.

Yes, Florida came back to win 7-6 the other night, but let's be honest....they allowed themselves to get down 6-2 to New Jersey. Tampa just doesn't look the same.

The team has won 4 straight, 3 of which were in dominating fashion, 2 of which were against divisional rivals.

And we now have Jack back and looking good.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I am curious as to what Keefe's plan will be for their number 1 line... Matthews or Kampf i assume he will live with as he won't have last change.

This is really a fascinating matchup...

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Abruzze may get a little more icetime, and on the third line perhaps some players more gifted offensivley

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We just kicked the shit out of Florida, why are we afraid of them ?

They are still a very good team, and we are playing them on the second of a back to back. Not afraid of them, but they will still be a challenge for our team, given the circumstances.

If we can get four points here, that would be huge for us. We would be within five points of The Panthers, and with one more game... it could get us within three... Maybe it's improbable we catch them, but it isn't impossible. For now, let's concentrate on home ice advantage where we can, at least the first round.

First though, let's take care of Tampa, and send them a message for what they've got coming in the playoffs.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Not against giving the kid a shot but I’d rather see Blackwell with Tavares and reunite the Mik-Kampf-Engvall line. I think we need that shutdown line to be working for these games. Of course Nylander being ready would be the most ideal

Reactions: supermann_98

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tentative lineups:

Screenshot_20220403-214327_Sheets.jpg

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I feel like we go 1-1-0 in the back to back. If we have to pick a W, I want it tomorrow. Best case scenario would be a sweep but that might be too much to ask for so I'll take 1-1-0 or 1-0-1.

Reactions: ToneDog

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

No one is afraid of them, it's just a back to back game with Kallgren in net. Last time, both teams were coming from a back to back. This time they are rested and we will have played a tough game against the Lightning already.

A win against Tampa goes a long way farther than Florida who at this point probably cannot be caught unless they choke.

Reactions: Lauro

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Damn I get they are tough opponents but it sounds like we have the score determined before the puck is dropped on the ice lol.

I just hope for competitive games both nights. Consistent will go a long way if we show up both nights regardless of the outcome.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Any reason spezza keeps getting scratched? Weird you sit him out for simmonds

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
We have pretty consistently stepped up for good teams. This is an important test and we need to set some tone with these Florida teams so they fear us in the post season. Heh, might need to beat Tampa10-0 for that but I'll stay positive!

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
Tampa hasn’t been sharp lately, I’ve watched a few of their games lately. A little loose defensively, and Vasilevsky hasn’t played like the best goalie in the world lately either. It’s certainly a game the Leafs can make a statement in. Selfishly, I want the Leafs to draw Boston, therefore I really hope they get that W tomorrow

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Evenly matched teams so predictions are a waste of time, 0 points, 4 points or anything in between are all very possible outcomes and I'd say 2 points is the most probable result. We're on the road so we'll be dogs against TB and then on the road and on the 2nd night of a B2B against FLA so bigger dogs for that one. Wins would be nice but at this point I'm more interested in how Campbell plays than anything else. GLG!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What is being afraid have to with anything? Clearly leafs are not afraid of any team.

The game is in their barn where they are a much better team and we are playing b2b and will probably start our backup. They'll be favorites but can be beat if we play our game for 60 minutes.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Probably not catching Florida. The Tampa game is a 4 point game. In tough on a b2b vs strong home team the next night. If u r going to split as was being talked about, beat Tampa.
When you said "get swept' I thought you meant first round of the playoffs, didn't realize you were talking about the b2b my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad