Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning-well lets see what we have

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Like: Nylander back with Matthews
Dislike: Kapanen with JT and Marner. Kap has not been an effective LWer

I would have tried Spezza on that wing, kept Kap on the third line and bumped Malgin to the 4th line.

Also swapping Marner and Barrie on the PP is at least a change but it's less about personnel and more about how they decide to move the puck. They need better coaching on that front to get the PP unit moving around to open up lanes.

If you put Spezza on that 2nd line, you'd have one of the slowest lines in the game. That's almost Jason Allison slow, but not quite that slow

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
Sure we do so why is our coach flipping Marner for Barrie?
Most likely to give Marner more space and options, also to have a passer instead of a shooter on the point. Think of it more as moving a Nylander to the right boards and swapping Barrie for morgs.

Also did you completely forget about Matthews? Cause it sounds like your completely denying my claim of having a sniper on the right side of the PP.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
the team needs 2 more Hymans on LW and we are solid
You're like bout it bout it! And right sire! :clap:

We like short of ritchie and evander kane or mayne like josh anderson and we be like set for life son!!! Of anarchy!!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Most likely to give Marner more space and options, also to have a passer instead of a shooter on the point. Think of it more as moving a Nylander to the right boards and swapping Barrie for morgs.

Also did you completely forget about Matthews? Cause it sounds like your completely denying my claim of having a sniper on the right side of the PP.
No I did say "sure we do". My point is Marner is not the best option on the left boards because he does not have that one timer. As you say he is a better passer from the point.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean mayne like, our andersen might let in a couple but he still a battlerer who might win this hit squad tonight sire! He bout it bout it mayne! :clap:

Also uh, marner tavvy together again makes us INSTANTLY BETTER as a team whole. Bank on that and LEARN BOUT LIFE tonight son, of anarchy. Like we bout OUR MONEY! Others be jelious and want to be US, think how deep that goes. Hard like that son.

So uh, yeah, marner with tavvy = scoring and better D. Also rielly makes barrie better, (confidence and not fans following and creepin on a comeback only on barrie) Rielly too now mayne. :leaf: :maple leaf: :leafs: :toronto maple leafs:

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
No I did say "sure we do". My point is Marner is not the best option on the left boards because he does not have that one timer. As you say he is a better passer from the point.
The way you worded it to me seemed sarcastic, that’s my bad, but my main point going back to my original comment is that we don’t need to have two shooters (one on each board). Although, I can agree with you on being a fan of the change.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad