GDT: Leafs vs Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
All three Cali teams are playing somewhat better of late and are in garbage time happy to play spoiler.

Go figure we're on our trip through there now.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Play like the first period against the sharks, and we win.

I think Freddy is gonna be lights out. hes owned the kings. 3-1 leafs

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Mikheyev back tomorrow ?
It's like nah brah, he gon be out for another week or so so uh, we ain't getting that tavvy line better any time soon. Tavares been pretty slow for a fool this season... needs to practise hard on the summer with gary. Or else.

But yeah and uh, we bout to crush these fool suckas tonight. With andersen being our hero, number uno getting paid goalie :clap: Mayne he slap that thang hard. Still winning, what!!!!!

Reactions: NikoEhlers

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
LA coming into tonight on a 3 game win streak against the Devils, Penguins and Golden Knights

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Malgin looks fast and skille duntil he reaches the top of the circle on the other end then fumbles the puck. Was more impressed with marchment

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Malgin looks fast and skille duntil he reaches the top of the circle on the other end then fumbles the puck. Was more impressed with marchment

lol that couldn’t be more accurate. Looks great coming through the zone using his speed and stick handling, then reaches the face off circles and the puck bobbles off his stick with no pressure.

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I find it interesting they have Mikheyev on line rushes with an actual line and not with the IR crew. Unless the tweets are not entirely accurate I thought they would have kept Kerfoot on the line to practice, because Playoff race reasons. Like Spezza up there anyway, maybe he's a paceholder for the old man in practice.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This team probably splits these next few games. They can't make it easy and just wake up and play hard. They need to always be pushed. Florida will come back and almost tie it with the Leafs before they finally start playing hard again.

Where did their play go? They were finishing their checks. They were being physical. Non of that happened against the Sharks. Why can't they play that mindset every night? Other teams do it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This team probably splits these next few games. They can't make it easy and just wake up and play hard. They need to always be pushed. Florida will come back and almost tie it with the Leafs before they finally start playing hard again.

Where did their play go? They were finishing their checks. They were being physical. Non of that happened against the Sharks. Why can't they play that mindset every night? Other teams do it.
If you think every team plays hard every game, I have some news for you.
Every team has a stinker.
Didn't the Bruins lose 9-3 a couple weeks ago?

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011

I mean every game. The Bruins don't go down in a whimper. They goon it up. Every game they go in and play well whether they have it or not they play hard.

It's a mentality. Their game has been hardcore for weeks now. So have the Blues. Tampa turned it up and went on to have a massive run.

Leafs can muster 1, maybe 2 games like that and then back to being soft and giving up halfway through games.

Reactions: lottster14

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

as Keefe said though, our stinkers seem to be much more common than other teams.

Marner called out the boys last game (lol). thats like the fourth time the team has been called out in the past 20 days. -Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina and San Jose.

go ahead, have a stinker, but play with some god dam consistency for once

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I mean every game. The Bruins don't go down in a whimper. They goon it up. Every game they go in and play well whether they have it or not they play hard.

It's a mentality. Their game has been hardcore for weeks now. So have the Blues. Tampa turned it up and went on to have a massive run.

Leafs can muster 1, maybe 2 games like that and then back to being soft and giving up halfway through games.

I don't like excuses, and I do agree with you, but I can't help but look at our core vs those team's core players and see a gap in experience and age. We're still very immature. Machand, Bergeron, Chara/Pietrangelo, ROR, Tarasenko/Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos are pros came up with pros to lead them.

Point is a guy who just seems to get "it" when it comes to effort and will. Our guys aren't there, we just have to hope it's something they find.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
as Keefe said though, our stinkers seem to be much more common than other teams.

Marner called out the boys last game (lol). thats like the fourth time the team has been called out in the past 20 days. -Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina and San Jose.

go ahead, have a stinker, but play with some god dam consistency for once
I agree we have them more often, but that poster said every other team plays hard every game which is not true.

Reactions: tom leafers

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
I don't like excuses, and I do agree with you, but I can't help but look at our core vs those team's core players and see a gap in experience and age. We're still very immature. Machand, Bergeron, Chara/Pietrangelo, ROR, Tarasenko/Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos are pros came up with pros to lead them.

Point is a guy who just seems to get "it" when it comes to effort and will. Our guys aren't there, we just have to hope it's something they find.

I can agree with you, but this is where the blame goes back to Dubas for going all in and paying these guys the amount he did if they weren't ready for it.

So really it's about is this on Dubas or the players? Both is a cop out. Either the management can't evaluate when players are ready to compete, or the players are able to compete but don't want to for some reason.

Either Dubas put the players in a spot to fail, or the players are failing.

Someone needs to be held accountable is all I am saying. Either shake up the core of this team or fire Dubas. Don't care which.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Yup 9-3 loss really showed how hard the Bruins play in every loss:sarcasm:
On the contrary, we didn't play hard and lost 4-2 plus an EN, while the Bruins played hard and lost 9-3. Maybe playing hard is why they lost by more? Really easy to spin the point as I just did.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can agree with you, but this is where the blame goes back to Dubas for going all in and paying these guys the amount he did if they weren't ready for it.

So really it's about is this on Dubas or the players? Both is a cop out. Either the management can't evaluate when players are ready to compete, or the players are able to compete but don't want to for some reason.

Either Dubas put the players in a spot to fail, or the players are failing.

Someone needs to be held accountable is all I am saying. Either shake up the core of this team or fire Dubas. Don't care which.
So basically we shouldn't have paid these players and just trade the 3 core pieces and start over as a result? Thats pretty much what you said.
Also to ruin your narrative, Matthews and Nylander have consistently showed this season. Tavares is what Tavares, so clearly Dubas paying the players are not the problem. Should I tell you how long it took St. Louis to win?
The issue is inexperience and you can't fast track that. Even though you believe this is the worst team ever assembeled, they are still good and improving. Maybe don't be a negative nancy.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Gotta win somehow because if there is one game the Bruins are going to lose in 2020, that one is tonight against the Panthers, you just know it.

Brutal. Anaheim goes in and wrecks the Avs 8 game winning streak. LA has won 3 in a row. Like September call up season in MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad