Leafs vs Habs - Who do you take in the potential 7 game series?

Leafs or Habs in 7 game series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Habs are "built for the playoffs" according to many, so people may take them for that. Leafs been the better team and obvious favorite this season.

Probable round 1 matchup.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
tumblr_oyjb72UK5n1rlo78oo4_400.gif

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Edit - Don't need an infraction.

Leafs should win, but their goaltending is suspect (so is Montreal's right now, but that can sway a series).

Habs - Oilers on the other hand I'd take the Habs.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
lol... who says the Habs are "built for the playoffs"?

TOR should win, but we are talking about a team that hasn't won a playoff series in well over a decade. I'm not going to get over-confident.

Reactions: tricky

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
If the Habs win it would be a huge upset...The Leafs just cant lose this or Leafs Nation will go full melt down.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The only 1-4 matchup that isn't an easy pick for me is Penguins-Bruins, but I'm still pretty excited to see this one. Maybe Price can steal a game (or whoever is in net for Toronto might blow one) and make it a series.

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021
no it wouldn't. Habs match up well against the Leafs

Yes it would be. Toronto are contending right now. Have a top duo in the league, depth etc, if they lose to the Habs, its a major upset and someone should get canned for it.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Rooting for the Habs, but the talent discrepancy between the two teams is so large that I don't even think a team like Toronto can blow this first round matchup.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The only 1-4 matchup that isn't an easy pick for me is Penguins-Bruins, but I'm still pretty excited to see this one. Maybe Price can steal a game (or whoever is in net for Toronto might blow one) and make it a series.

Bruins are the absolute worst scenario for the Pens. Literally the one match-up in the entire league (not just division) where I'd give the Pens about a 1% chance of winning.

Reactions: tucker3434

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
no it wouldn't. Habs match up well against the Leafs
How do they matchup well lol, Toronto has elite skill along with great depth which will cause the Habs lots of problems. Montreal's main hope is Price going back to 2015 form for the playoffs or they'll most likely be out in 5/6

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Edit - Don't need an infraction.

Leafs should win, but their goaltending is suspect (so is Montreal's right now, but that can sway a series).

Habs - Oilers on the other hand I'd take the Habs.

Leafs goaltending issues are a bit overstated. Campbell right now 15-2-1 2.07 .927. Plus Andersen will be right behind him if he falters. Leafs are fine in goal, IMO.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
How do they matchup well lol, Toronto has elite skill along with great depth which will cause the Habs lots of problems. Montreal's main hope is Price going back to 2015 form for the playoffs or they'll most likely be out in 5/6

The scary thing is that Price went 2015 form just last year in the playoffs.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Probably like a 70-30 chance the Leafs take it.

Leafs are a better team but anyone can win in the playoffs. Hot goalie? Cold goalie? Calls not going your way? Injuries? Luck factor?

Just remember the Jackets sweep of the best regular season team of the modern era. Anything is possible.

Reactions: 667ekip

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Yes it would be. Toronto are contending right now. Have a top duo in the league, depth etc, if they lose to the Habs, its a major upset and someone should get canned for it.

Habs have more depth and better goaltending. i don't see how it would be a major upset. Habs can easily push the Leafs to the limit and there's no 3 on 3 gimmick

Price doesn't have to go back to his 2015 form if you check the numbers he put up in the playoffs last season

Last edited:

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
the objectively better team in every aspect is who i pick

What team that is depends on how much mental gymnastics i want to do in spite

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I mean obviously the Leafs are more likely to win the series but they might get upset again which would be pretty rough for Leafs fans that would be 5 straight first round exits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad