Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Habs Oct 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That was a real fun game to watch, really competed from the start. Our most consistent game IMO.

I have no idea why management is obsessed with keeping JVR, his the EXACT JVR Philly got tired of and traded. Show up 1 game and play great, then disappear for the next 5. Just ****ing trade him already for best return.

Nylander was pure stud, by far our best player.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Solid game by the Leafs. Any goalie not named Price and it's probably a W.
Hard not to like they way the played for 60.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Pros:

Andersen
Nylander

Speed & pressure all night controlled the game.

Hemmed in our own zone a lot less.

Matthews drawing penalties driving the net on an otherwise quiet night for him, plays like a vet

Cons:

Carey Price
Shea Weber

The entire Bozak line

Too many flashy passes

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
We lost to Carey Price. It happens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, William Nylander is our best player.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I'm pretty satisfied with that effort, to be honest, overall.

Need Matthews to take over tomorrow. Willy was outstanding today. Leafs played a quick, effective game. I thought the Leafs controlled a lot of the play. Andersen was solid.

I thought Hyman's deficiencies got exposed today. Kapanen or Sosh seem to be the perfect fit on that line, no?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If the team plays like that, you should win quite a few hockey games. That was a good game.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Cherry-picking. Diving to draw penalties. Scoring on the PP. Yep, it's Montreal, all right. As usual, they need Carey Price to make up for their complete inability to play defense.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Nylander is such a stud. Every shift it seemed like he created a great scoring chance. Watching him skate is something to behold.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Andersen played good but Price is still the gold standard, swap goalies and Leafs win easily.

Regardless though, Montreal is a joke, they think Price/Weber are great, which they are, but they will never win a cup with the rest of their garbage team and before long those two will start to decline and they won't have the high draft picks to replace them. I think it's a good thing, when they are garbage in 5 years I'll show their fans no mercy.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
All in all a pretty good game. It is tough when Price is in the zone. We outplayed them and Andersen played well. Looks like he could be turning the corner. Looking forward to tomorrows game. Hopefully we light the lamp lots.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
What a game! Wish we won, but can't be mad at the effort. This game could have gone either way. I'm okay with it being Montreal's time, but Price needs to start declining soon for when we are ready to compete.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Very enjoyable game. Dont know why but I dont feel as pissed off as I use to after a loss against the Habs. Perhaps impressed by the performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad